IGNORED

Rs V Spuds

I think this is getting to be a bit of a joke, its a farce.

Games all over the country are being called off, not because of a problem with the pitch, but problems outside the ground. :blink: It never happened in my day.

In 1963 we had a freeze that lasted over 3 months, well into April but at that time Goodison was one of the few grounds that had undersoil heating and we played every week, conditions outside the ground would not have stopped us going.

I think this is getting to be a bit of a joke, its a farce.

Games all over the country are being called off, not because of a problem with the pitch, but problems outside the ground. :blink: It never happened in my day.

In 1963 we had a freeze that lasted over 3 months, well into April but at that time Goodison was one of the few grounds that had undersoil heating and we played every week, conditions outside the ground would not have stopped us going.

The theory in those days Bill was that 50,000 pairs of feet would soon clear the ice, and it did, Do you remember when some teams used to put coke burning braziers on their pitches, 100 plus would be lit creating there own environmental problem but they did get the job done, pansy's today, how many kids go to school in this weather with short pants, made men of you and you were bloody cold :lol:

The kids in school think I'm a bit mental because I go into work all year round in shorts. Although to be honest I've been pretty close to donning my tracky bottoms this week.

As for all the postponing of games, it's mostly due to fact that clubs are frightened to death of someone getting hurt on the way to the ground and suing em. Hopefully ours goes ahead... could really do without adding another game onto the back end of the season with our imminent run to the Europa League and FA Cup Finals aswell!!!

The kids in school think I'm a bit mental because I go into work all year round in shorts. Although to be honest I've been pretty close to donning my tracky bottoms this week.

As for all the postponing of games, it's mostly due to fact that clubs are frightened to death of someone getting hurt on the way to the ground and suing em. Hopefully ours goes ahead... could really do without adding another game onto the back end of the season with our imminent run to the Europa League and FA Cup Finals aswell!!!

That is what has bhad me smiling about Liverpool, their match cancelled and they have a FA cup replay to face, if it goes ahead, FSW will be moaning before the weekend is out mate