IGNORED

Phil Thompson

Guest Reg Reagan

Guest Reg Reagan

“The Northampton loss was a massive shock. Whats going on at the football club at the moment, it’s like an alcoholic, got to hit rock bottom. I hope that was rock bottom, we all know in October, with the refinancing, this is the whole package at Liverpool Football Club, what’s been going on with the ownership and everything, it has consumed the whole of the football club.

We have often spoke, does what goes on in the boardroom does that impact on the players and what have you, this is all consuming, this is everything, this is going down to the girls who cook down at the training ground, the people who are there washing the kit, whatever, it’s the whole package, everybody is so, so low. Honestly, it’s absolutely dreadful.

Yes, it’s about results and what has happened, because I am quite sure it would be the same at Manchester United with what’s going on there, but they have had the results to go with it and so it’s not as bitter.

This is Liverpool, a pride, this is their inheritance this football club, for the kids it’s going to be left to them to be supporting the club its imperative that the Bank, when this comes up on the 6th October its a supporter issue it is not just a football issue. They cannot allow this football club, the owners to refinance this football club.

There’s a demonstration going on after the game today.

This is a huge thing.”

Stelling “The owners didnt send that football team out”

“I agree, we went there with Benitez last year, look at the players and everything, he’s not picking the team, he’s not bought the players but this is all consuming.

Jeff, whatever you say about Rafa Benitez, the last 15 months, since last Summers transfer window, we’re in profit, we shouldn’t be in profit we should be spending money.

When you dont spend money, you get £50million in for Alonso and Mascherano and you bring in 2 players for £11million and £4million where are you going to end up finishing Jeff? We still have good players but we are lowering and lowering the standards all the time because of the owners, and I know what you are saying but it’s quality in players which that brings about.

And this is a plea, for if anybody, sporting people who make decisions who watch this programme, they cannot allow this to happen in October, for the whole of football because it will kill Liverpool football Club if this goes on and it will kill football because if other people think that this can happen it is wrong and it is wrong because it is impacting on my football club.”

JS - “Can Liverpool become the next Leeds United?”

“No they won’t be. This has to be sorted out and it has to be sooner rather than later. I am saying no but there is a nagging doubt in the mind because of what has been done to my football club throughout the tenure of the two owners. It’s absolutely dreadful, absolutely dreadful, and it’s never going be, 98% of me is saying NO, it’s not going to be a Leeds United, there’s a structure there, but Leeds United fans were probably saying exactly the same things to themselves, so I am going it will not happen”

There was then a bit of a discussion about falling attendences and the reasons and Thommo said

“People are beginning to say if you are go and support the football club, purchasing tickets then you are supporting the owners so No, I wont do it, I am not going to go because the more I put money into the football club I could possibly keep them there, there is a bit of that going on but again it’s the whole thing and everybody people need to keep going.

This football cllub will keep going long after we have all gone, it will still be a very very proud football club.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is he on drugs?

Guest Reg Reagan

ah touche MikeO.

But what is it with redshites fans, Phil Thompson and their protest against the Americans?

None of us other football fans cannot understand why there is so much hatred for Hicks and Gillett.

I think they are doing a good job at the club.

marco, to be fair that was rafa that spent the money, not the owners (well its there money but they were prob told he was the next best thing etc...) personally i dont see what they have done wrong either, but liverfool FC need a scapegoat and they are it. To be fair, i wouldnt be happy with owners who risked the future of the club just purchasing, but they have spent a fair amount of there own money on the club since being there.

i was referring to this what thompson said:

When you dont spend money, you get £50million in for Alonso and Mascherano and you bring in 2 players for £11million and £4million where are you going to end up finishing Jeff?

that's all im not really fussed about benitez or the owners just on the case of what thompson said i think hes talkin shit!

Edited by marcopaulo

couldnt agree more. I quite litrally bumped into him walking around analfield a few years ago at a derby game (the one where dunc scored and i think ince equallised) and he walked into me then had the ordacity to say "aint ya gunna say sorry"? to which i replied you walked into me big nose. he didnt look happy and i have hated him ever since. i even wrote to sky to complain about him last year and his anti-everton comments on soccer saturday!

Guest Reg Reagan

marco, to be fair that was rafa that spent the money, not the owners (well its there money but they were prob told he was the next best thing etc...) personally i dont see what they have done wrong either, but liverfool FC need a scapegoat and they are it. To be fair, i wouldnt be happy with owners who risked the future of the club just purchasing, but they have spent a fair amount of there own money on the club since being there.

exactly.

those rs have got what they asked for and still they are not happy and they are all crying out saying the americans are destroying the club by putting debt against their club.

If the shites have debt then how are they spending money on players? its obviously the owners are putting in more money in their shit club.

couldnt agree more. I quite litrally bumped into him walking around analfield a few years ago at a derby game (the one where dunc scored and i think ince equallised) and he walked into me then had the ordacity to say "aint ya gunna say sorry"? to which i replied you walked into me big nose. he didnt look happy and i have hated him ever since. i even wrote to sky to complain about him last year and his anti-everton comments on soccer saturday!

the guy's a grade a clown and everyone knows it..beyond me why sky pay the cocknose to sit on the panel to be honest! up there with why andy gray gets so much money for statin the obvious!