IGNORED

Everton Half Term Report

Link isn't working Dunc;

My own assessment is as follows

The first half of this season is possibly the worst I can recall as a Blue. This season commenced with such high levels of expectation only see them all dashed with in the first month. Our fans deserve so much more than what this side has delivered, or failed to deliver. Shot shy forwards ruining some excellent approach play. People talk about us failing in the final third, in my book its the final sixth which makes those failings inexcusable. The players must take some of the blame as should the manager. His persistence in playing a woefully out of touch Saha has cost us dearly. For a player of his experience to squander so many passes beggars belief. Even when he gets himself into a position to strike or pass, which is rare,he has consistently made the wrong decision. What forwards we have, the Yak has been more like the Yuck and Beckford flatters to deceive although he must be given a run at some stage because he does get into scoring positions, unlike his so called seniors.

Equally the midfield play has often been naive. Mikel Arteta's form has been poor as a result his contribution as been awry, please lets make sure that when he returns others take free kicks and corners because Teta is struggling to get the ball off the ground let alone past the first man.

Since his arrival at the club Moyes has been like a breath of fresh air, our fortunes have been on the rise but I'm more than concerned he may have lost his touch. His answers to all the problems faced this season has been we'll stick with the same old thing, other teams know this and it makes us predictable especially against the blood and guts teams who break up our play rather too easily. IMO Tim Howard, who is a good keeper, deserved to be dropped judging by the balls he has dropped this season and looking at how easily he is inTIMadated (pun intended) but Moyes failed in his duty, what must Mucca think in the reserves, can't do much for team spirit which is vital to Moyes's style of management.

Jags is starting to play a bit after having a less than inspiring start to the season however praise should be lavished on four players who have kept on when others seem to have thrown the towel in, Distin,Cahill,Baines and Seamus Coleman. Distin has an imperious quality about him, for a big man he is so quick. Leighton has been oozing class all season long despite the fact so many of his superb crosses have been wasted, will we be able to keep is my concern. Tim Cahill, never the quickest but always the bravest, that lad fights the cause and never sits back on his haunches. Seamus Coleman again he may never be a world beater but his heart is huge, his courage immense and I have never seen him stop trying.

IMO Moyes should now write this season off, yes I'm concerned that we will struggle against Scunthorpe as they knock the ball round very nicely and their pitch gives them a huge advantage (MOTD game I'm sure, they always pick a potential giant killing a we never let them down) It is essential that Beckford, Duffy and others who spend too long on the bench are blooded asap as that is where our future lies. Unfortunately I think Moyes will continue with his old system, if he does then the calls for his head may well become a clamour before the season is over.

COYB

Link isn't working Dunc;

My own assessment is as follows

The first half of this season is possibly the worst I can recall as a Blue. This season commenced with such high levels of expectation only see them all dashed with in the first month. Our fans deserve so much more than what this side has delivered, or failed to deliver. Shot shy forwards ruining some excellent approach play. People talk about us failing in the final third, in my book its the final sixth which makes those failings inexcusable. The players must take some of the blame as should the manager. His persistence in playing a woefully out of touch Saha has cost us dearly. For a player of his experience to squander so many passes beggars belief. Even when he gets himself into a position to strike or pass, which is rare,he has consistently made the wrong decision. What forwards we have, the Yak has been more like the Yuck and Beckford flatters to deceive although he must be given a run at some stage because he does get into scoring positions, unlike his so called seniors.

Equally the midfield play has often been naive. Mikel Arteta's form has been poor as a result his contribution as been awry, please lets make sure that when he returns others take free kicks and corners because Teta is struggling to get the ball off the ground let alone past the first man.

Since his arrival at the club Moyes has been like a breath of fresh air, our fortunes have been on the rise but I'm more than concerned he may have lost his touch. His answers to all the problems faced this season has been we'll stick with the same old thing, other teams know this and it makes us predictable especially against the blood and guts teams who break up our play rather too easily. IMO Tim Howard, who is a good keeper, deserved to be dropped judging by the balls he has dropped this season and looking at how easily he is inTIMadated (pun intended) but Moyes failed in his duty, what must Mucca think in the reserves, can't do much for team spirit which is vital to Moyes's style of management.

Jags is starting to play a bit after having a less than inspiring start to the season however praise should be lavished on four players who have kept on when others seem to have thrown the towel in, Distin,Cahill,Baines and Seamus Coleman. Distin has an imperious quality about him, for a big man he is so quick. Leighton has been oozing class all season long despite the fact so many of his superb crosses have been wasted, will we be able to keep is my concern. Tim Cahill, never the quickest but always the bravest, that lad fights the cause and never sits back on his haunches. Seamus Coleman again he may never be a world beater but his heart is huge, his courage immense and I have never seen him stop trying.

IMO Moyes should now write this season off, yes I'm concerned that we will struggle against Scunthorpe as they knock the ball round very nicely and their pitch gives them a huge advantage (MOTD game I'm sure, they always pick a potential giant killing a we never let them down) It is essential that Beckford, Duffy and others who spend too long on the bench are blooded asap as that is where our future lies. Unfortunately I think Moyes will continue with his old system, if he does then the calls for his head may well become a clamour before the season is over.

COYB

Lol You lucky bast**d I wish I could say the same!

Pretty fair assement tho

Try this link http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/12/26/everton-fc-half-term-report-give-us-your-views-100252-27887926/

Lol You lucky bast**d I wish I could say the same!

Pretty fair assement tho

Try this link http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/12/26/everton-fc-half-term-report-give-us-your-views-100252-27887926/

the three realistic transfers bit got me thinking, and i dont think it would be realistic for us to get three in tbh. Anyway went for Jarvis, Kranjcar and Bendtner.

Who's every1 else gone for?