IGNORED

Help with with counterfit everton shirt

T2eC16NzEE9s3WozmBQdKTK4K6Q60_12.jpg

hi bought a everton shirt on ebay and i believe it is not real, i probably will have to take it to the store but i dont know where it is, my other half is going to everton grounds sunday to watch the liverpool and everton game, is there a store there that could verify if a fake, its a 1985 shirt i think its got the HAFNIA logo on front with le coq sportif logo too but there isnt a label with either on it, just a XL label, which is isnt a everton size xl, its very small, material is darker than everton color too, guy said no he bought it new from the store, but i think he is talking bollocks

Edited by dawnmids

May not be counterfeit. Some years ago it was anounced that the shirts had been gradually getting darker over time, more navy blue than royal blue and an effort was made to get them back to "normal" colours. XL may have been put on the label for a boys kit. It may also have been a size discrepancy. Best bet will be to take it to the shop if you are in any way unsure.

There were several companies who have had the rights to reproduce it, there was Toffs (but I don't think they could reproduce the Le Coq Sportif badge), Le Coq Sportif themselves and another company that I forget the name of.

It must have been Sports Direct as I've seen it advertised on their pages. They do lots of retro shirts, (but never the one you may want in your local branch) and the Hafnia replica was one of them.