IGNORED

Vidarrson

Anyone read about the mini derby we won the other night?? I read about it in the Echo and Vidarrson got a glowing report scoring and creating goals does anyone know enough about the lad to say if he will "make it big" or will he end up playing in the lower leagues??? Id be really intrested to hear what you had to say :angry:

The thing with youth players is that one never knows how he might turn out to be. Vidarrson sounds like a good player from what i heard but he could turn out be a flop for Everton. dont get me wrong, but he might.

Ritchie Partridge looked a genius of a player in the Liverpool youth system at 17. Won the world youth championship with Ireland as well. But after 3 years, he didnt make the move as he should have and didnt show enough quality in the Liverpool reserve setup for the last two years. We, then let him go for free this season.

Similarly, Liverpool rejected a contract for John O'Shea. Look at him. He is a strater for Man Utd now.

So, not much can be said of youth players viz. vidarrson and so on. One can only hope for the best and hope that he comes out good in the future for you.

It's a really crucial stage from about 18-22. I think if Jeffers had had a steady environment then he would still be doing well now. Remember Michael Branch? He had real ability, but so many injuries, in and out of a struggling team. I really think that had he been at a more stable club he would have made it. Anelka's another one - so many clubs, so many let-downs. Whatever the reason (i.e. self-inflicted like Jeffers/Anelka, or perhaps unlucky like Branch), a player needs a steady environment no matter how much ability he's got.

It's a really crucial stage from about 18-22. I think if Jeffers had had a steady environment then he would still be doing well now. Remember Michael Branch? He had real ability, but so many injuries, in and out of a struggling team. I really think that had he been at a more stable club he would have made it. Anelka's another one - so many clubs, so many let-downs. Whatever the reason (i.e. self-inflicted like Jeffers/Anelka, or perhaps unlucky like Branch), a player needs a steady environment no matter how much ability he's got.

Ever thought of a job in sports psychology mate, you could make an absolute fortune, in fact i'l be your agent if you like!! :rolleyes:

I think that your spot on with that analysis just look at Hibbert at EFC and i hate to say it but all the Manure lot didn't do to badly in a steady enviroment did they??