IGNORED

Tt Desert Island Discs

thebluenose

right here we go. il start (btw double albums count.)

5 albums

Metallica-live shit (binge and purge)

Judas priest-painkiller

Pantera- Vulgar display of power

Black label society-Mafia

Queen- live at wembley 86

luxury- acoustic guitar to keep me sane

book- either 1984 or animal farm by george orwell.

Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head

Morcheeba - Part of the Process

The Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy up the Girl

Massive Attack - Collected Best of

Muse - Origin of Symmetry

Luxury - Box of Tools (to make it easier to build things), if not allowed, then footy

Book - LOTRs (if having to pick one I'm not sure which one I'd pick as its been a while since read them)

1. Oasis - The Masterplan

2. Stone Roses - Complete Stone Roses

3. Joy Division - Substance

4. Faithless - Best of

5. Micheal Jackson - Number 1's

Luxury - hmmmm bloody tough one

Fishing rod, no hang on thats shit, if we can count clothes then Im goin for my lucky Everton shirt!!

Book - Either "Are you dave Gorman" or "Join Me"

Shame we couldnt do DVD's lol

1. At The Drive-In - Relationship Of Command

2. Sigur Ros - ( )

3. Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

4. Tool - Aenima

5. Godspeed You Black Emperor - F# A# Oo

Luxury - Football

Book - Bret Easton Ellis - American Psycho

Also on the subject of the Lord of The Rings books I would probably take the Two Towers however this was my least favorite of the movies weird huh :huh:

Technically LOTR is one book, it was only split because it was awkward to publish.

That is like saying star wars is one film yeah it all relates to one story but he completed fellowship before he completed two towers and then return of he king and each was published before the next one had been completely written so I don't think they count as one book. Also Ian if you could only take 5 albums meaning these are gonna be the only 5 albums you listen to ever again (or at least for a long time), would you take 2 Oasis and 2 Libertines albums? Seems a bit limited to me :P

Upon reviewing what I've wrote down I'd like to make the following change...

Luxury - Luxury - Box of Tools (to make it easier to build things), if not allowed, then footy

to..

Luxury - Ray Mears (let him do all the bloody work and he'll be able to get water no matter how hot it is :P )

No doubt this will start people asaying they'll take the likes of Jessica Alba, as I'd certainly die a happy man if she was with me ;)

Luxury - Luxury - Box of Tools (to make it easier to build things), if not allowed, then footy

to..

Luxury - Ray Mears (let him do all the bloody work and he'll be able to get water no matter how hot it is :P )

No doubt this will start people asaying they'll take the likes of Jessica Alba, as I'd certainly die a happy man if she was with me ;)

Ray Mears as a suggestion- Genius

Jesica Alba as a suggestion- inspired- you wouldn't need anything else

LOTR was going to be published as one book, but due to the time it was taking to write and the feasabiltiy of distribution it was split into three.

Exactly, the time taken to write it meant that it was split into 3 books. Calling the Lord of The Rings one book is like saying all of the Harry Potter books are 1 book, sure she may have already had the concept of what was gonna happen in the 2nd, 3rd etc one but they weren't written by the time the first one was published so you can't say they are the same book. The same goes for LOTR

to..

Genius!! Theres a man who has covered all the bases!! I doth my cap sir

Exactly, the time taken to write it meant that it was split into 3 books. Calling the Lord of The Rings one book is like saying all of the Harry Potter books are 1 book, sure she may have already had the concept of what was gonna happen in the 2nd, 3rd etc one but they weren't written by the time the first one was published so you can't say they are the same book. The same goes for LOTR

well you can buy lotr as a whole book, i own a copy, so you could take that.

in my first post i didn't say that lotr is one book is said it is technically one book as that is how it was originally planned. comparing it to star wars/ harry potter is pointless becasue they were never intended to be one film or one book

you now dont have to say sure thats like saying x is one book/film, sure their the same concept but.......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Rings-illustr...610&sr=1-22

Edited by jamiemaher85

Aye forgot about that...

I actually found a 1971 reedition of one in a market bookstore in Darlo.

Picked it up for a fiver...LOTR Book

And in the contents it was labelled in three parts, Contents Page

Also, New Line Cinema originaly only wanted one or two films but after a lot of problems in cutting the film down they had to settle for 3.

In addition, Tolkien never wanted the books to be published and was really against it as he only wrote them for his children. A lot of people in the book world aren't fans of LOTR as the writing style they say is awful. But they are all educational types with no imagination though.