IGNORED

Buying/selling Andy Johnson For 18 Million

West Ham are ready to end their interest in Charlton's Darren Bent and instead make a £13million bid for Everton striker Andrew Johnson.

Johnson only moved to Goodison Park from Crystal Palace last summer, but the Hammers will offer him £90,000-a-week in an attempt to lure him back to London, according to reports.

Everton are expected to knock back any offer for the striker who scored 11 league goals last season, but West Ham are ready to go as high as £18million to get their man.

The Irons put an £18million bid on the table for Addicks hitman Bent in January's transfer window, but had it rejected so Hammers boss Alan Curbishley has decided to focus on Johnson instead.

Curbishley is expected to be a very busy man this summer as he attempts to overhaul a squad which only survived in the Premiership on the last day of the season.

Scott Parker is expected to seal his move to Upton Park shortly while Carlos Tevez, Nigel Reo-Coker, Paul Konchesky, Matthew Etherington and Hayden Mullins are all ready to leave.

Source: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2165435,00.html

Comments : What do you think? Hold/Sell for 18 Million?

Edited by xsaint

keep him, we've got a good, capable and reliable striker force if we keep him, we know hes premiership level and can score goals for us, why go and a mess with something thats not broken. ultimately were looking to improve our squad and i dont think we can lure anyone better than Johnson (or let alone afford them) at this time, also id rather keep the budget we have and have a reliable striker rather than selling him and buying another striker who has the chance to be a total flop, and tbh we dont have good experienced backup, Johnson is holding us together up front.

i seriously hope West Ham get relegated from that court case because i hate the way they are just throwing cash at anyones players.

Edited by Ash_

xsaint ......... Comments : What do you think? Hold/Sell for 18 Million?.

I think there is already two threads about AJ/Arteta/ and West ham, wish you would'nt start anymore. this could have gone in any of the other two. :rolleyes: