IGNORED

Croke Park

the place is amazing it holds 82,000. I have been in many stadiums around and rate this as one of the best. Trust me its not wasted on gaelic or rugby in fact i no sport would be wasted at this place. For you's who dont know its also a huge part of irish history, well worth a visit the stadium tour is actually very good shows you everything what a proper stadium should be.

If possible i advise you to get to a gaelic match (july would be perfect joe) when you visit it will change your mind on that view.

I know bits about croke park, I heard that spectators were shot at and one player was killed by the black and tans. I think. they were like police reserves or something. I don't know much more about it or why they were shot (probably political or religious like everything else). They named one of the stands after the player which is a decent thing to do.

I'd love to see Everton play a few irish teams there but it's not likely as when we go to ireland we can't even fill the tolka :(

I'd love to see Everton play a few irish teams there but it's not likely as when we go to ireland we can't even fill the tolka

wont happen due to rules for croke park, its called rule 42 again a very big thing in ireland.

Rule 42 means no sport other than gaelic games can be played there, but there was a vote because the rugby union asked to use it for 3 year period when landsdowne road is being rebuilt so they voted for rugby and soccer internationals to be plated at croker for that time. Totally divided the country in two at the time of the vote including political parties but since i think everybody has come around to the idea to show croke park to the world is a good idea. Only this week they are talking about hosting a champions league final there in a few years so dare i say the only hope of seen everton play at croker is ........... ;)

Irish Toff -> I see over here the media are saying the International rules test's will be back @ Croke this year.

The Annual Hybrid game Eire v Oz that ends up a massive punch on every single time they play. ( Streetfightin shiote 2, not Handbags)

Great 4 the spectator.

Rules what Funkin rules.

• 3 weeks later...

I took the full 2 hour tour yesterday of it yesterday. It truely is an amazing stadium. I tried getting tickets for a Gaelic football match there but everything seemed to be sold out. It was definitely worth checking out though.