IGNORED

Everton in for Owen

AMBITIOUS Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has sanctioned an audacious move

for Michael Owen.

Merseyside rivals Liverpool now appear to be firm favourites to bring

their former striker back to the Premiership by tabling a £12million bid.

But I understood Kenwright has told Goodison boss David Moyes that he can

have the funds to compete for the England star.

Owen's representatives have been made aware of Everton's interest and have

told them that they will be kept informed.

Everton would prefer a season-long loan deal but could find the cash if

they had any encouragement regarding a permanent move.

The idea is not as fanciful as it sounds.

Everton look odds-on to be eliminated from the Champions League and that

would remove a big barrier to a loan move.

Everton know that Owen prefers a switch to one of the big three - or a

return to Liverpool. But if all those four fail to firm up their interest,

Everton would guarantee him regular Premiership football in this World Cup

season.

The clock is running down for Owen and Real Madrid are reluctant to let

him go on loan to serious Champions League rivals.

And reports in Spain suggested only Liverpool were preparing a genuine

cash bid for the England vice-captain.

They are prepared to pay up to £12m, despite selling him for £8m just 12

months ago.

I can reply in here now.

I saw that on Sky Sports website with Rafa saying that he was not interested in Owen.

Also said that considering bids from Villa and Lyon for Baros. Was hoping would be saying that also a bid from an un-named merseyside team playing in the prem :P but didn't :P

Ive also read that Houever he is that used to manage the rs is wanting to take Owen to Lyon and is willing to use the money made from the Essien sale to get him!!

I believe that Owen will end up there as we already know that Houllier is the worst money manager in the world and will proboly stump up aroung 16million to nab Owen, id love to see him play for us but can't see it ever happening!!

Yes. Houllier did sign poor players, Cheyrou, Diao. Yes, he did sign mediocre players for a daft high fee, ala Biscan, Diouf etc.

But you cant forget he signed us, Baros, Hyypia, Riise, Dudek (he was one of the best keepers in 2001-2002 IMO).

the problem with Houllier is/was that he loves signing talents, who may click or may not.

Le Tallec(World youth player of the year), Sinama Pongolle (world youth golden boot), Cheyrou(Next Zidane), Diouf, Baros, Hyypia, Litmannen,Riise(the nest Carlos), Diao(next Viera).

All those statements in brackets were said by top professionals in the world about those players when Houllier signed them. Obviously most of them came at a follish high price coz they were real talents at that point of time. So calling him a poor money manager isnt fair on him.

Owen? I cant believe many Everton supporters on other forums think thay you'll be signing him this season. :blink:

I'am keeping my feet firmly on the ground over the Owen signing in saying we haven't got a hope in hell's chance .

More utter bull5hit to appease the fans from our very own BK and if anyone believs we have chance of signing Owen they need to see a shrink .

Hear much on this Fatih Tekke striker xavier ???????

No..willo..not much. I dont live in England. So i dont get the rags that you do. Not much craze in football in the country that i live in.

So, i get most of my stuff off websites. Not heard much(anything actually) bout You being linked with Fatih Tekke. Bents injured now. You need a striker bad. Only 10 days left.

Guest fozzie22
Yes. Houllier did sign poor players, Cheyrou, Diao. Yes, he did sign mediocre players for a daft high fee, ala Biscan, Diouf etc.

But you cant forget he signed us, Baros, Hyypia, Riise, Dudek (he was one of the best keepers in 2001-2002 IMO).

the problem with Houllier is/was that he loves signing talents, who may click or may not.

Le Tallec(World youth player of the year), Sinama Pongolle (world youth golden boot), Cheyrou(Next Zidane), Diouf, Baros, Hyypia, Litmannen,Riise(the nest Carlos), Diao(next Viera).

All those statements in brackets were said by top professionals in the world about those players when Houllier signed them. Obviously most of them came at a follish high price coz they were real talents at that point of time. So calling him a poor money manager isnt fair on him.

Owen? I cant believe many Everton supporters on other forums think thay you'll be signing him this season.  :lol:

Good pionts well made,but most of the mad frenchies signing went crap siode up

He was the man to sort out the mess when evans left,but should have been moved on somewhere else..

In the same way joe royle did for us in the 90's,got the club back to a decnt level,but he was never going to take the club forward.