IGNORED

Howard On His Way?

Everton are reportedly close to signing Barnsley midfielder Brian Howard for a fee of around £3m according to various sources.

The 24 year old is currently Barnsley's top scorer on 9 goals from midfield, and at just £3m he could prove to be yet another classic signing from David Moyes, if he proves he is ready to make the step up to the Premiership.

Howard signed for Barnsley in 2005 and signed a new deal at Oakwell this summer after having picked up just about every award from the Barnsley fans last term.

A goalscoring and hardworking midfielder would be just what the doctor ordered should he sign, given the lack of cover for the Blues in coming weeks.

According to what the Barnsley fans are saying Da Silva is the dogs bollox and is the fans favourite, so if he is outshining Howard and cant get a game for us, i cant see Howard being any good to be honest.

Cant see this one happening, we deserve to get better than that.

According to what the Barnsley fans are saying Da Silva is the dogs bollox and is the fans favourite, so if he is outshining Howard and cant get a game for us, i cant see Howard being any good to be honest.

Cant see this one happening, we deserve to get better than that.

Brian Howard is nowhere near good enough for Everton. Possibly a Fulham quality player at best. I've seen him a number of times for Barnsley and I assume they would jump at the chance of £3 million for him.

Edited by Bez