IGNORED

Finance Group Targeted Everton

Louis

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/08/260m-newcastle.html

And Profitable Group — who have ex-Liverpool star McMahon as their commercial director in charge of strategic sports investment — have made it clear they are willing to spend big.

McMahon made a name for himself as a TV pundit in Singapore working for ESPN and he gives Profitable, who targeted Everton earlier this year, an insight into the workings of English football clubs.

I repeat, I dont see anything in that article that says Steve McMahon OR HIS COMPANY global investments ever tried to buy EFC, the article refers to Newcastle. Theres a line at the bottom that says they targeted EFC earlier in the year, it does'nt say they approached us about a takeover, i'm sure they've targeted many a club without making an approach.

And MCMAHON only joined them in March ..... 5 months.!!

A misleading title for the TOPIC Louis. ????

I don't see it that way Bill. The NOTW article is saying how the group are close to purchasing Newcastle United and that the group (which includes Steve McMahon) "targeted" Everton earlier this year.

I don't see how you can target a club without making an enquiry? I'll rephrase the title to appease you :P