IGNORED

What Do We Need Medium To Long Term?

Memmaclub

Looking at our current squad and forgetting about injuries because we will always have those. What type of players would we need to take us to the next level.

Goalkeepers.

I personally like Howard and think he is a top worldclass keeper. I would personally like to see a young keeper bought in to challenge him a bit more as it is obvious Moyes thinks Ruddy and Turner are not up to it. Maye someone like hennesy or the other guy from wolves.

Defence.

I think Right back we are covered more than adequalty as Pip is really starting to look the part.

Left back. Baines should be making the spot his own and in lescott and valente we have adequate cover

Centre Back. I think we have 3 very good (on there day) CB's I would like to see a youngster brought in from the lower leagues or the reserves. Not sure if rodwell is this player.

Midfield.

CM I honestly believe with the CMs at our disposal we have every type covered especially playing as Mikky is now playing central. for me he playes the creative role and cahill and fellani do the rest with castillo and rodwell and osman for cover.

Left/Right wing I would say we only have one out and out player in this dept in Peanuts. I would like to see a decent left footer come in maybe ledley and a decent right footer someone like Kightley from wolves.

Up front I hoestly beleive we have enough especially playing 451.

My only other additions out of this would be to replace castillo with a perm worldclass CM and get a decent loan striker in for the rest of the season.

Not sure on cost of all this but if it is done over the next two summers we should really kick on.

Guest efctaxi

Perhaps a coach that can teach them how to play the ball on the ground , instead of hoofing it all the time :P

Seriously though , I would personally look for a creative midfielder who can deliver to the strikers more effectively , but we probably won't be able to afford a proven one .

Yes we have Arteta , but he's no Fabregas or Gerrard , so another wouldn't go amiss .

Were also lacking in the pace department , which is why Wright Phillips would have been a good catch had he not chose city . Not as fast as some , but better than we have imho .

Maybe DM will have a chat with Chelsea on Monday about a loan deal :D

Anyone like Downing ?

He's made 161 appearances for Middlesbrough and only scored 17 goals. Not a big fan of him and don't think he deserves all the praise that he is getting. IMO he would do well at Stoke or Hull - he's only still at Middlesbrough because of the strong fanbase he has.

Goalkeepers - We're ok, I'd like to see us get that mexican keeper we were linked with, ochoa, he seemed pretty decent. Howard can do the job, but we need a decent back up keeper to play in the cups and to stand in for Howard when needs be. Nash is a temporary fix because I don't think Moyes believes Ruddy and Turner can handle it. I'd like to see Ruddy sold on and Turner loaned out to get some first team experience.

Defenders - Overall we're fine, but with Lescott playing at left back I'd feel comfortable with another CB for back-up. If Jags and Lescott got injured we'd only have Rodwell, and he's been playing in midfield for a while now.

Midfielders - We desperately need a left-footed midfielder. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure none of our current midfielders are naturally left-footed. Someone like Ledley would be a good addition, again, he'll get a run out in the cups and be there to be called on when necessary, but a left footed player would add width, like Riera could have if he hadn't gone to the shite. We could also do with a strong CM, Moutinho-esque, to take control of the middle of the park. Arteta has been doing well in this position but again, Osman and Peanuts are suited to the wide, while Cahill and Fellaini are suited to attacking mid positions. A strong CM would give us strength and composure.

Forwards - We need a temporary one in January, and we need a permanent one next summer. A decent finisher who would provide good competetion for the Yak and Saha. Vagner Love would be brilliant.

January - Striker on loan, maybe another centre back or midfielder.

Summer - Centre back, central midfielder, left midfilder/winger, another striker.

Other than that we play well with a thin squad but it would be good to have a bench full of first team quality players, instead of just 3 or 4.

Goalkeepers: Howard is one of the best goalkeepers out there and Nash is good for a substitute keeper. Turner and Ruddy are both very talented and should get thier time in the team when Moyes thinks that the time is right. When Nash packs in we need to sign another goalkeeper. Turner and Ruddy ain't ready for the Premiership yet.

Defenders: Good. Hibbert and Yobo let us down but both players are good within the team. Lescott is coming back to form and Jacobsen is getting back to fitness, good news.

Midfielders: Same, doing well at the moment with Fellaini, Cahill, Osman, Arteta and Pienaar (forgot some I know) and we look like a real threat in that area when we are playing 100%

Strikers: Problem. Yakubu needs to shape up or leave. Anichebe just isn't good enough when everyone is fit and Vaughan is injury prone - Saha is the only attacker that I am 100% pleased with. Agree with Reg who said 'We need a temporary one in January, and we need a permanent one next summer.'

Goalkeepers: Howard is one of the best goalkeepers out there and Nash is good for a substitute keeper. Turner and Ruddy are both very talented and should get thier time in the team when Moyes thinks that the time is right. When Nash packs in we need to sign another goalkeeper. Turner and Ruddy ain't ready for the Premiership yet.

Defenders: Good. Hibbert and Yobo let us down but both players are good within the team. Lescott is coming back to form and Jacobsen is getting back to fitness, good news.

Midfielders: Same, doing well at the moment with Fellaini, Cahill, Osman, Arteta and Pienaar (forgot some I know) and we look like a real threat in that area when we are playing 100%

Strikers: Problem. Yakubu needs to shape up or leave. Anichebe just isn't good enough when everyone is fit and Vaughan is injury prone - Saha is the only attacker that I am 100% pleased with. Agree with Reg who said 'We need a temporary one in January, and we need a permanent one next summer.'

I agree mate pretty much my thoughts. I would say in the medium term we could as some have said a real left sided midfielder who has pace if we could get say Obinna and we carry on playing and improving the way we are i think we will do better then expected this season.

I would love us to bring in Jimmy Bullard as it looks very unlikely we will take Castillo on a permanent basis and he is a player i think this club needs and would suit our football and team down to the ground.

In the long term i hope the young lads we have get the chance to progress well and step up to the plate in the future i suppose its hard to say really as long as we keep plugging away as we have for the last couple of years and spend what we have wisely we will be ok.

a striker. People go on about vanger love, except for youtube (which makes anyone look good) has anyone seen him play alot? To me people are thinking Brazilian, scores a few in the Russian league, which isnt the best league and then thinking he will be good here.

Look at Jo, i said straight from the beginning he will be shite, and look what happened, he is shite.

for me i personally who to go for atm. but vanger love i dont think we should.