IGNORED

Should We Sign Jo Permanently?

Wonderful goal from Saha today, and if I thought he could be fit for 2/3 of next season and we could provide him with chances, then I'd say keep him and with the Yak, Vaughan and Anichebe, let Jo go back to city.

If Jo's price was slashed and he wanted to play for us, then maybe!

I would like to start next season with Yakubu, Vaughan, Crouch and Anichebe....and possibly sleep with Amanda Holden....but then I always did want too much :)

Wonderful goal from Saha today, and if I thought he could be fit for 2/3 of next season and we could provide him with chances, then I'd say keep him and with the Yak, Vaughan and Anichebe, let Jo go back to city.

If Jo's price was slashed and he wanted to play for us, then maybe!

I would like to start next season with Yakubu, Vaughan, Crouch and Anichebe....and possibly sleep with Amanda Holden....but then I always did want too much :)

lol possibly but i also think we could play yak and jo up front with cahill just behind and saha on the bench

Jo would have been an asset at Wembley today. His hold-up the ball play was dearly missed, he links with the midfield well and drops back (would have beefed us up). Although his finishing needs work (and trust me, it will improve, he can take a banger of a free kick), he will always support the striker and when Cahill inevitably goes, Jo may be able to step up.

In my opinion, he'd be a great long term investment.

I like his ability and hold up play but he is never going to be be a 20 goals a season striker and we only play 1 up front , so unless we can get him on loan again i think any funds available should be spent elsewhere .ie right back ( hibbert shocking yesterday) , right midfield and creative centre midfield , but i think we all know this .

Edited by ste6363

I really like Jo but the problem is always going to be the price. I wouldn't mind him staying, but not for the price he would be available for. We are crying out for a striker that can hold the ball up and hold his line though. Look how well a player like Anelka did at the weekend. His strength on the ball casued us nothing but trouble and because if it he could help get more attacking players into the game, whereas we had no-one who could do that for us.

We need some more strength up top, not sure who, but we need someone. I like the look of Dzeko who plays in Germany. I also believe he has a release fee of 7m so would not be hugely expensive. He has had a great season abd he's still young.