IGNORED

Defence

jcrawfor

I don't want to get carried away with Seamie's performance today. It really was fantastic, but I don't want to see him forced into full time like has happened to Rodwell. It's great to know that we now have someone to share RB duties with Hibbo. But now I'm wondering what our best options in the back are. My first instinct would be to line up:

Coleman, Heitinga, Yobo, Baines

but I think that there are several others that could work really well.

Heitinga Distin Yobo Baines

Coleman Heits Hibbo Baines

Hibbo Heitinga Yobo Baines

And when/if Jags is healthy and in form the picture starts to look even better. God, it'll be nice to have someone organizing the defense again.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

Does anyone think we have a future defensive problems sorted out with coleman right back Garbutt left back duffy centre and Mustafi and Rodwell other options?

just want you opinion ;)

No mate not as such as Baines who is one of our best players is only 24 and has many years ahead of him, Not seen Garbutt but if he is a gem of a player who can make the grade then i dont see why he cant try and force his way into the squad in the future and maybe push Baines onto the wing but i expext that will take some time if it does happen? Either way if he is a good prospect its a good thing for the club to have more positions covered/competition for places.

Coleman is a must for a starting place after the last two games not getting caried away but im very impressed from what i've seen so far having him bolting down the right and Baines on the left will cause most teams problems. I dont think Rodwell will ever be a permanent CB as he's shown he is far more suited to the middle of the park and its pretty obvious that's where he will play in the long run.

The chelsea game will be a big test for him if he does start it. While he looked great bombing down the wing and taking players on that won't be his priority against Chelsea and he will have to show a lot of discipline.

He made some ver good challenges but he'll just need to be aware of Chelsea's threat whenever he does go forward and make sure he's quick to get back.

For that reason I'm not sure if Moyes will pick him though with Cahill out he may go with the solid midfield centre of Rodwell and Heitinga leaving a defensive space depending on injuries.