IGNORED

Finances

Louis

For the past few years, Joe Beardwood has been asked by the Shareholders Association to do a financial review in advance of Everton FC's report and accounts later in the year.

This year, Joe's analysis is being published exclusively on ToffeeWeb with the purpose focusing solely on the facts and putting emotion to one side.

Read the 2006/07 Financial Review [108KB PDF]

Joe has prepared in relatively simple form some key financial metrics covering the last 8 years (the Kenwright Era). While many will suffer temporary blindness when confronted wth Joe's tables, some of the stark facts are incredible:

* Turnover has increased from £26M to £55M.

* Total debt has climbed from £20M to £45M.

* In 1999 the club had net assets of £18m.

* In 2006 the club has net liabilities of £10.3m.

That's a £38.3M swing in the wrong direction, and it includes selling off various assests including a car park, the megastore, Netherton, and even the brand new Finch Farm.

There's lots more interesting material in this excellent compilation, which Joe has supplemented with some crucial financially-based questions relating to how you may choose to vote in the upcoming ballot on moving to Kirkby:

The Business Case for a New Stadium [120KB PDF]

Editorial note: The two analyses were initially published together as one PDF, ostensibly to prevent readers from having to download two separate documents. In order to fulfill Joe's desire to set emotion aside with regard to the hard 2006/07 and seeing as the second section was more speculative on Joe's part, we have now split the document into two separate PDFs so that they can be assessed on their own merits.

I don't know who he is either, I beleive he is a toffeeweb contributor.

All seems a bit wierd to me Louis , can't see a bloke who gets paid money by the shareholders spilling this sort of information to a fans forum whatever his feelings are , even if he is fuming like the rest of us about the way the club is being run you dont bite the hand that feeds you !!

I could be wrong but it doesnt seem credible to me mate !!

Scary as FCUK if it is though

When an average player costs around the £6million mark and has a contract that over

a few years pays a few more £million....for doing something they enjoy...somethings

wrong!

A few moths back a table was published showing the wealthiest/financialy sorted clubs

in europe.Everton were some way up there(I think.....weren't they in the top 20?)

if so and these new figures are correct!.....then God help those below us!

Looks like the Tescos Stadium for us then!......and hey!do your shopping after the match..

...and you'll see McFadden stacking shelves....Beattie on the cheese counter....and Moyes

on checkout......Well every little helps pay your debts!

Don't worry about it!......could be worse, you could support Iraq.....go out on the town

to celebrate winning the cup.....and get shot in the back of the head!

All seems a bit wierd to me Louis , can't see a bloke who gets paid money by the shareholders spilling this sort of information to a fans forum whatever his feelings are , even if he is fuming like the rest of us about the way the club is being run you dont bite the hand that feeds you !!

I could be wrong but it doesnt seem credible to me mate !!

Scary as FCUK if it is though

As far as I know crust, Shareholders are normal fans who have parted with the best part of £1500 to buy a share. Apparently this Joe person analyses the finances for the shareholders and normal fans every year and its put up on toffeeweb. I think the only people who begrudge him sharing the information are those at the club and those shareholders who bought the shares to be in the prescence of the 'exclusive few' who like to know the ins and outs at the club ;)

Can EvertonFC allowed to hold stocks/mutual funds from other industries like Airlines, Petrochemicals?

Instead of trying to make money from football alone, maybe EvertonFC should also buy into the shares of some performing companies. I am sure they are not allowed to buy into another foortball club due to conflict on interest but i suppose it should be just fine if they buy some stocks from other industries.....if they had done these over the years, these stocks could have been a cusion for the club when these stocks started to pay dividends.... I suppose thats how RealMadrid could have worked.....So its time for EvertonFC to invest in high potential growth stoks for the future....

yes yes we can argue..."how da fick will they invest when they can't even buy player above 4M??!!"....lol...agreed....but still they have to find ways to reduce debts and increase cash flow....imagine the dividends from the invested stocks helping us pay of interest of loans yearly?? phew!! that would be a great help!! ......