IGNORED

Hibbert?

I think its a slight problem position, we dont have anyone who really owns the spot. The thing is though its not enough of a "problem" for moyes to put money into securing a new player. We have hibbert, neville and jags who can all competently play their but none of them really "wow" their. Can't see us improving the position any time soon to be honest. And i don't think hibbert is the worst defender in the world, but cant ever really think of him being the best on the pitch.

hibberts a good defender he just cant pass to save his life and his positioning sometimes goes to pot

Isn't that what a good defender should be able to do well?

I'd love him to be a good player, being a local lad and all, but he's just not and must be replaced within the next year or so.

its not as if Tony Hibbert is Young (as in Vic young) but can a player like him be improved. Is he our right back or is someone else i really dont know.

Yes Hibbert can improve! Carrigher was only an average defender 4 seasons ago, he also had

rs fans on his back.Hibbert with confidence and playing to his strengths will probably continue to be our right back for years.If we came into loads of money then his future wouldn't be so safe, still a decent squad player maybe even then.

Hibbert without confidence is another thing all together!

the only way you can be a sucess as a defender with no passing ability is if you're a centre half. if you play at RB you need to be able to pass. sorry hibbert isnt good enough, he can tackle but cant do anything else. we need a new right back really, neville is the best we have there but its not saying much

its not as if Tony Hibbert is Young (as in Vic young) but can a player like him be improved. Is he our right back or is someone else i really dont know.

Yes Hibbert can improve! Carrigher was only an average defender 4 seasons ago, he also had

rs fans on his back.Hibbert with confidence and playing to his strengths will probably continue to be our right back for years.If we came into loads of money then his future wouldn't be so safe, still a decent squad player maybe even then.

Hibbert without confidence is another thing all together!

Hibbo can improve, this is the exact situation with Carragher, put a rightwinger who doesnt drift off infront of him and that side will be solid.

Well said, Blue4Ever. The fact is that he's had centre midfielders playing in front of him and so has had no cover. Sadly, however, I think that Neville can deal with that more than Hibbert so I can't see him getting back in; espicially if we get Timmy and Tommy back, because then there won't be any room in the midfield for Neville and since he was made captain I'm not sure Moyes can leave him on the bench.