IGNORED

Zarate

I know this will probably be deleted, but i have been reading on BBC that 2 clubs are in talks with Zarate, apparently the fee being mooted is about 10 million quid. A few years back he made a massive mistake in joining Al Sadd i think it is and was regarded as one of the hottest properties in argentina. I also didnt know where to put this topic.

I wonder if we are one of the clubs interested in him. Could be a good buy but a deffinite risk. would add some much needed guile to our attack though

Not seen too much of him, but what I have looks good (great goal against us).

Makes me wonder why he couldn't get a start at Birmingham when they were doing so poorly though. Although I seem to remember 2 other argies who couldn't get a game the other season when their team were doing shockingly, and they turned out to be pretty good, so what do I know?!

Probably worth a gamble, at no more than £3 million though. I wouldn't touch him with a 10ft clown pole for 10

£10mil would be cheap for him. He is a class player, took the argies to the youth world cup final and won it. He will be like tevez. Class player. £10mil will seem alot at first but i gaurentee that he will be cheap when you look back in a few years time.

The two clubs will more than likely be arsenal (as mark said) and probs United as there after a new striker.

i doubt it will be united or arsenal, unless adebayor goes. I was thinking it could be Newcastle and Spurs, newcastle are always going to buy a striker or two and with berbatov going spurs need a replacement (although etoo has been mooted)

No doubt he's a classy young player. As with a lot of young talent around the world, those of us who played Champ Man/Football Manager have known about him for years. I doubt we're one of the 2 clubs talking to him, considering Moyes said he doesn't even know what budget he has to work with yet (which, if its true, is ridiculous, considering other clubs are doing business, and we were obviously only gonna finish 5th or 6th).

I honestly think you could do away with our scouting system, and simply get people to play Football Manager and speak to the makers of it and see who the best young players are. They have been right about so many players who are now some of the best players in the world - Tevez, Macherano, Banega, Messi, Ronaldo, Agger, Hleb, Robinho, Higuain, Silva, Iniesta, Ibrahimovic, Kaka etc etc etc.

Back to Zarate. We don't have the luxury to spend £10m on a young talent. We'd be better going for an established talent like Arshavin who would be ready to influence and improve our team immediately.