IGNORED

Edu?

I think he is good but has stuttered last season. Also I think his wages may be an issue, think he is one of Valencia's highest earners.

I agree with Aaron though I wouldn't say he was miles better than what we have in central midfield at the moment. He's more of an all-rounder.

He would be a good add, but i wouldn't want him on stupidly large wages which may be the case

better than cahill? No.

in a 4, yes - imo. I really rated Edu, no idea what he has played like in Spain but at Arsenal I thought he was criminally underrated and underused. If he's still that good I'd take him no question, he was a quality player.

From what i've seen of him in spain he did well at first but played poorly last season... but then again so did most of there squad so it may be harder to judge. I just think that we could and should be building for the future and edu doesn't really fit that bill. but thats just my opinion

I agree Jamie, I'd prefer us to get someone who's young and hungry to prove himself rather than someone of Edu's age who probably is only interested in the wages that the Premiership brings for his last contract of his career. Obviously with the youngness and hunger I want skill to go with it.

definitely, it just depends how much money we're talking with regards transfer fee and wages, if they were reasonable (say £3-4m and £30,000 pw) then I'd take him as he has a lot of experience, he is/was a very good player, and has both European and Premier League experience - plus he didn't strike me as a fancy dan shirker, from memory he put himself about and worked hard. I'd still like us to bring in someone younger and more of a ball winner to go alongside (Appiah).