IGNORED

England Skipper

Haha. I had a free £5 bet with skybet and put a last minute bet on Terry getting it. In the last hour his odds where changed from 10-1 to 33-1 and i still fancied him to get it..... and what do you know! Awesome. First time i've bet on something like this, and it was a free bet in the first place! Love it.

England need a good leader, that's a fact. John Terry has proved he can be a good captain for Chelsea and now England. He's a world class player doing well down in London, getting Chelsea into the Champions League final and so nearly winning the trophy. I think that this announcement will make him stronger as a player and will make him and England better as a whole.

Rio Ferdinand is one of those players that has his off-days. He sometimes comes across as being in it just for the money whereas sometimes he can come across as a nice guy that loves the game of football. Rio did well as captain under Capello for the one game that he was captain and proved to be a good candidate but he is not in the same league as Terry in terms of captaincy for me.

England need a good leader, that's a fact. John Terry has proved he can be a good captain for Chelsea and now England. He's a world class player doing well down in London, getting Chelsea into the Champions League final and so nearly winning the trophy. I think that this announcement will make him stronger as a player and will make him and England better as a whole.

Rio Ferdinand is one of those players that has his off-days. He sometimes comes across as being in it just for the money whereas sometimes he can come across as a nice guy that loves the game of football. Rio did well as captain under Capello for the one game that he was captain and proved to be a good candidate but he is not in the same league as Terry in terms of captaincy for me.

Welcome Dark, interesting first post mate. I agree that Terry is the better choice but wonder if any other player should have been considered, yes even Gerrard.

Having watched that game the other night it occurred to me that Capello has fallen into the same trap as his predecessors, similar style and similar result with the same players some of which freeze on the international stage. Could we not find a better captain playing in the leagues but as captain let him have some autonomy about playing patterns on the park, Ramsey used to give Moore that amount of scope. So how I can't ever see us winning anything by playing Terry, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Beckham, Lampard and Barry in the same squad. It is also possible that a 'lesser' would try harder...........just some thoughts to ponder

Thanks.

I think it would be better for England if they started to play more of the younger players, those that haden't made it into the team and had not had a sniff of International football. I mean when Jose Baxter came on against Blackburn the other week he completely changed the team. His flair and enthusiasm got the whole team fired up and we started to play well and looked like scoring. I believe that with England players like Gerrard and Lampard don't give 100% because they know that if they were dropped there would be a media out-rage and they would be quickly returned to the team with a pay-rise. I believe if we had the true heart and spirit of the younger generation then England would start to look like a decent challenge.