IGNORED

Jonathan De Guzman

Jono was one of Feyenoord's best youth players ever but hasnt delivered all of his great promise. The boy has got fantastic ability and with a free role just behind the striker you can get to see the best of him.

In his final youth season (at the age of 17) he scored around 25 goals from that position and was crowned U20 topscorer.

With Arteta at the club he will have a great role model to learn from and look up to.

His début for Holland U21 4/5 months ago : Scoring 2 goals and giving 1 assist..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zIAuzpGsiA...feature=related

2005/06 Feyenoord 29 4 Eredivisie

2006/07 Feyenoord 32 7 Eredivisie

2007/08 Feyenoord 33 9 Eredivisie

Total: 94 20

Official Source of the story :

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/...ek__.html?p=2,1

This is the type of young player most of us would like to see at the club long before many of the other names mentioned in these pages. Unfortunately as we seem to be keeping daylight from our wallet so based on that simple fact it won't happen. I suspect that this lad fits Wengers criteria at Arsenal and could well go there but we can but hope we get him but don't hold your breath

I think if aresnal sign anyone it will have to be someone older and more established than De Guzman, Arsenal have been accused of lack of expericene, they need someone who already knows his trade to make an impact on a troubled squad. I'm not sure if De Guzman actually fits his bill at the moment.

add to that list the rest of the top 4.....manure will need a striker, chelsea are just after robinho at the mo, and if they do get him wright-phillips price may drop, RS are looking for wide players which is why there going for riera and wont need a player like him, in fact the only competition well see are from teams desperate for players who havent already signed....which isnt that many...

I think we're in with a chance but thinking about what were goign for and what we may get his price well mean everything. I wouldnt be surprised if our rep went over there wearing a sandwich board that said "ONLY A LOAN WILL DO". My days...we need a player like this desperately but given that our first transfer was a free i doubt were very strong in the financial department....

we'll soon see, no good making assumptions as with most of em theyve fallen through but i have a feeling moyes will sign at least another 2 before next week otherwise he knows well barely make it to january and then itll be loans all over again.....in my view its worth us taking a massive risk, and spending all our money on a star midfielder like moutinho to reinvigorate the squad, it could be a colossal mistake but id like to secure 1 outstanding player over 3 average players any day. we already have half dozen great players in the squad, it should be mroe geared around adding to that list than trying to cover an injury burdened team...

looking at how convulted that post was i can easily understand how difficult moyes has had it to be fair :huh: