IGNORED

Keegan: Will He Walk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the sounds of it, even Kinnear doesn't expect to be there more than about a month or so. Quote:

A consortium of Nigerian businessmen - whose members remain a closely guarded secret - are currently involved in talks with Ashley regarding a potential £400m takeover of Newcastle and have stated that they wish to bring back Toon-hero Keegan as manager.

Speaking to the BBC Kinnear also confirmed that the the Magpies' dream management duo of Keegan and Shearer were being lined up by the potential new owners.

"I think the club's going to be sold at the beginning of October," Kinnaer said. "So if I can get in there and get a few results together until obviously the two main people are named, I assume from the new people coming in they will be Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer."

Apparently they have seven potential buyers....makes you wonder doesn't it :huh: .

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley's chances of securing a quick sale of the club have risen dramatically after it emerged that he had received approaches from seven possible bidders, none of them British.

Although much of the attention has so far been focused on a group of Nigerian businessmen, advisers Seymour Pierce have been encouraged by the response they have had since being appointed to sell the club by the Sports Direct tycoon.

Seymour Pierce are expected to spend the rest of this week assessing the bidders before recommending one offer to Ashley, who is seeking around £350 million for the club.