IGNORED

Hammers Hammered?

Well events at West ham are now becoming clearer, the Court of Arbitration in Sport has apparently sided with Sheffield Utd and are about to award that club £30 million in damages. This explains why they have been selling all summer and why they wanted Curbishley out.

If this proves to be correct then surely a further investigation is due into those who exonerated West Ham from all wrong in the Tevez affair. A certain well known member of the FA should now resign as he will have influenced matters behind the scenes. Will the FA think again and relegate West Ham this season? This little story could run for months and I would not be surprised if West Ham said that they cannot afford that sum and then barter for a lesser figure

I saw this on the news. To be honest I am a bit gobsmacked.

30 million? How did they arrive at that figure?

Should this have been allowed to go this far? Surely if they were going to go through all this rigamarole, then the FA should have sorted it out a lot earlier, after all the whole thing was laid open at the time. West Ham should have gone down and the Blades should have stayed up????

I am full of questions over this and I don't know any answers, but a 30 million fine ...... oh hell what would that mean to the likes of us if we were in that boat?

I saw this on the news. To be honest I am a bit gobsmacked.

30 million? How did they arrive at that figure?

Should this have been allowed to go this far? Surely if they were going to go through all this rigamarole, then the FA should have sorted it out a lot earlier, after all the whole thing was laid open at the time. West Ham should have gone down and the Blades should have stayed up????

I am full of questions over this and I don't know any answers, but a 30 million fine ...... oh hell what would that mean to the likes of us if we were in that boat?

The basic thing is they knowingly broke the rules and never told the truth about those signings even when it became public. I'm just wondering what insider dealing went on with the FA as their handling of this really does want looking at, I bet we'd have been relegated and fined but then Trevor Brooking never played for us

I don't like the way this smells really.

If a club knowingly breaks the rules, well they are a football club so punish them in a footballing way. Relegation, maybe as much as two divisions if the offense warrants it. But 30 million could destroy a club. Personally I would sooner beat them on the field of play and not wipe them out through the courts.

Drop them to Division one and then they will need to get back up by themselves. £30 million could drive them not only down as they will have to sell their best players, but it might also force them into liquidation.

I may be alone in this but I wouldn't like to see any team forced out of the game altogether.

I don't like the way this smells really.

If a club knowingly breaks the rules, well they are a football club so punish them in a footballing way. Relegation, maybe as much as two divisions if the offense warrants it. But 30 million could destroy a club. Personally I would sooner beat them on the field of play and not wipe them out through the courts.

Drop them to Division one and then they will need to get back up by themselves. £30 million could drive them not only down as they will have to sell their best players, but it might also force them into liquidation.

I may be alone in this but I wouldn't like to see any team forced out of the game altogether.

That has been the basic problem here, the punishment didn't fit the crime, the FA basically let them off, that fine was a joke. If a lesser club such as Luton, or a northern team like Leeds or Rotherham break these rules they get points deducted and fines, W Ham cheated a benefited from that action by preserving their premiership status. If the FA had done the right thing then none of this would have applied

They have now been told that there are no grounds for an appeal on top of which the Shef Utd players have banded together to sue W Ham for loss of earnings...................if you listen quietly you can just hear the screams of the fans with Trevor Brooking (he of the FA) sobbing in the back ground....................cheats should never prosper

I think any fine should be judged on the monetary benefit West Ham gained from being in the Premier League... I also think they should have had a rather large points deduction.....

They didnt just break the rules they tried to cover it up...

Id go for the FA too if I was Sheff United....... They helped in the cover up as any wrong doing by West Ham should have been spotted...

• 2 weeks later...