IGNORED

All Ireland League

I live in Dublin. I see the fighting and rioting that happens every time Linfield plays a Dublin side in the Setanta Cup. This league is honestly not worth it. I'd be a lot more positive about Glentoran affiliating with the FAI and joining the Eircom League tbh.

I live in Dublin. I see the fighting and rioting that happens every time Linfield plays a Dublin side in the Setanta Cup. This league is honestly not worth it. I'd be a lot more positive about Glentoran affiliating with the FAI and joining the Eircom League tbh.

It seems like a good idea at first, but there would be a lot of fighting between Republican's and the Northerner's. It's really not worth it. What would be better would be an Irish Cup. Where instead of a league, an FA Cup of some format would be played for with the teams in Ireland taking part.

This has been mooted awhile, as mentioned above its bad enough with the Sententa Cup.. Sides up the north are not good enough it would be like the SPL joing the EPL at a lesser scale obviously!

Woulden't like that. I'm a part-Celtic fan and I woulden't like to see Scottish/English mixed. There's no point calling it English football if half of it is Scottish.

There's already an all-ireland Cup Dark, it's called the Setanta Cup.

Personally I'd like to see the Carling Cup expand and include professional teams from Ireland.

I would expand on that. It would be good to have a British Champions League. Some teams from each country. England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales would compete for a trophy and be crowned the Champions of the British Isles.

Again you'd have to find a better name than the British Isles Cup.

I personally have no problem, but I know a lot of people find the term British Isles offensive.

And to quality, I'd say Linfield and Glentoran both have the quality to compete on a A-I level, just as with the SPL/England, the rest of the teams aren't up to much really.

As to an all British Isles thing, England/Scotland would easily dominate.