IGNORED

Gerrard

From Sky Sports:

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is convinced Steven Gerrard will not move on from Anfield in the summer.

The signs of summer approaching are generally apparent when Gerrard's name starts to crop up in the transfer gossip columns.

Chelsea came close to signing him in the last two summers, but the England man remained loyal to Liverpool and Benitez does not expect a change this year.

"He is happy here," said Benitez. "His commitment is the best in the club.

"Steven's very happy here and has been settled this season."

Benitez feels the midfield powerhouse may want a new challenge in the future, but does not foresee him seeking a move this summer.

"Maybe in the future, if he has won The Premiership three times, he might like to play abroad," added the Spanish tactician.

"You can see it in his game - he doesn't want to go anywhere else."

now it wouldnt be right. unless i added this

ESPN

"For Liverpool fans it's unthinkable that Gerrard could ever don the jersey of another team. And it was those sentiments which led to the protests outside Anfield - including the burning of his shirt - when he announced he would leave the club in July 2005."

Liverpool FC Fanzine

"Sky’s footage of an irate fan burning a shirt"

ICTeeside

"The 25-year-old had indicated on Tuesday the time was right to quit Anfield, prompting angry supporters to burn a replica Gerrard shirt."

Chelsea Blog

"The Reds who burnt their Gerrard shirts for the TV cameras outside Anfield yesterday must feel just a little bit stupid."

Anfield Road

Gerrard: “I remember a guy burning a Gerrard shirt outside Anfield. I’m not sure if he was a real Liverpool fan, but I’m strong enough to move on from things like that"

Good old RS, the moral of the story is, chant that you hate him, but only go on a pilage when the twit moves.

Guest Reg Reagan
Altough i don't like Gerrard would like to see England win the world cup and think we need him in the team.

id rather have osman than gerrard...

gerrard is a useless and costs us a few games in euro 2004

id rather have osman than gerrard...

gerrard is a useless and costs us a few games in euro 2004

Not sure on Ozzie over Stevie La, but in Euro 04 his mind was definately elsewhere, that was the time there was talk of a big money move to Chelski, he showed his true colours during that tournament.

ATB

Mac

on performance ossie deserves to be in the squad IMO, not in the first team. Gerrard is poor for england theres no two ways about it

i hope he does well for england, tho to be honest i dont care what england do, fuckin let downs the lot of them <_<

Anfield Road

Gerrard:  “I remember a guy burning a Gerrard shirt outside Anfield. I’m not sure if he was a real Liverpool fan,  but I’m strong enough to move on from things like that"

Good old RS, the moral of the story is, chant that you hate him, but only go on a pilage when the twit moves.

Typical RS response - 'I'm not sure if he was a real liverpool fan' - why is that - did he have a scouse accent?!?!

:lol: