IGNORED

Beckham ''timeshare'' Transfer

What you reckon? You think hes treated galaxy harshly by wanting to leave or just come to the realisation it didnt work and is doing the right thing? Joining AC til the end of the current season then goin back to galaxy then going back to AC. Paying for it himself aswell really I think fair play to him cos it would be an easy life for him to play in a lesser league(no disrespect to the MLS) and retire from england. But he's pushing for an England place still and trying in another of the top leagues in the world. Always been a fan and I think hes our best option on the right still!

Full Story here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7926933.stm

Nah, I don't think it's harsh. I think what happened is David the footballer finally stepped up and gave David the businessman a hard, two-footed tackle and said, "My turn to run with the ball for a while!" And from the clubs' perspective it's just business. If Milan had met LA's asking price they would've sold him already, but LA knows that the shirt sales and brand exposure that they'll get for having Becks for one more season (after which he can choose to opt out and leave if he wants) is worth a lot more money than what Milan was offering them to sell him. Frankly, as much as I dislike LA (being a San Jose fan), I applaud them for sticking to their guns and refusing to be pressured into taking a lowball offer.

Guest efctaxi

It's certainly an unusual situation , so will be interesting to see how it turns out .

Wouldn't mind Beckham here to be honest :) He could also lend us a few quid :lol:

big respect for beckham for putting the cash up for this deal so he can try to make the world cup. shows his dedication to the england team (which can never really be questioned)

i like the way JD put it though - think what happened is David the footballer finally stepped up and gave David the businessman a hard, two-footed tackle.