IGNORED

Etuhu

Moyes looked at him about four years ago, I'm certain that he coached him at sometime and he rated him!

Im not sure how much Moyes rated him to be honest but he came to Preston in 2002 not a great deal of time before Moyes left for us, I have seen him train and play a few times whilst he was at Preston and never rated the guy he was used very sparingly at Preston for his first season so i dont think he was held in the highest regard.

Moyes looked at him about four years ago, I'm certain that he coached him at sometime and he rated him!

You are right he did have him at Preston and he said at the time that he would have loved to have brought him to Goodison with him but said that he was out of our price range back then.

Havent really seen much of him myself so the prospect of us signing him doesnt really excite me

You are right he did have him at Preston and he said at the time that he would have loved to have brought him to Goodison with him but said that he was out of our price range back then.

Havent really seen much of him myself so the prospect of us signing him doesnt really excite me

Im not so sure about that mate as i have already said he did not spend much time under Moyes at Preston and struggled to get into the squad for most parts of his first season it wasn't till Moyes came here he started to get more and more games and i doubt he was out of our price range as he was sold to Norwich City for around £450.000.

It's a no from me. I just don't think its a good deal to be honest.

1) Haven't really heard/payed much attention to him until now

2) He can't get into the first teams of Fulham, Norwich, Preston. Why would he fit into ours? It just seems like a big step down signing someone like this who can't even play at the lower leagues standard. He signed for Norwich for peanuts before being sold to Sunderland for just over a million, if he's going to cost us anything more than one million then we should look elsewhere.

3) For a midfielder he hasn't scored many goals, he hasn't even played that many games. He's only managed to get onto the Craven Cottege pitch 14 times and he only managed six more during his time at Sunderland.

4) We are linked with Jenas (and Fernandes at a long shot) just why would we sign him when we could have players like that?

5) I just read this 'it is thought that his value has doubled to at least £3m since' thats way too much IMO.

It's a no from me. I just don't think its a good deal to be honest.

1) Haven't really heard/payed much attention to him until now

2) He can't get into the first teams of Fulham, Norwich, Preston. Why would he fit into ours? It just seems like a big step down signing someone like this who can't even play at the lower leagues standard. He signed for Norwich for peanuts before being sold to Sunderland for just over a million, if he's going to cost us anything more than one million then we should look elsewhere.

3) For a midfielder he hasn't scored many goals, he hasn't even played that many games. He's only managed to get onto the Craven Cottege pitch 14 times and he only managed six more during his time at Sunderland.

4) We are linked with Jenas (and Fernandes at a long shot) just why would we sign him when we could have players like that?

5) I just read this 'it is thought that his value has doubled to at least £3m since' thats way too much IMO.

I agree with your points mate especially the last one why his value has doubled is beyond me he is a bit part player for squads nowhere near as strong as our own no logic in this one what so ever. If we doubled that value we could possibly nab Fernandes with his current injury and Valencia's financial situation.

Im not so sure about that mate as i have already said he did not spend much time under Moyes at Preston and struggled to get into the squad for most parts of his first season it wasn't till Moyes came here he started to get more and more games and i doubt he was out of our price range as he was sold to Norwich City for around £450.000.

Obviously I cant prove it now because it was quite a while ago but Moyes gave an interview to the Echo just after he signed saying that he would love to have him here but we couldnt afford him, that was probably about 12 months or so before he joined Norwich and it wouldnt be the first time weve been priced out of signing somebody only to see him go somewhere else for less

Obviously I cant prove it now because it was quite a while ago but Moyes gave an interview to the Echo just after he signed saying that he would love to have him here but we couldnt afford him, that was probably about 12 months or so before he joined Norwich and it wouldnt be the first time weve been priced out of signing somebody only to see him go somewhere else for less

I think we've moved on from needing players like Etuhu tbh, and I'd hope Moyes would think that way too.

I think we've moved on from needing players like Etuhu tbh, and I'd hope Moyes would think that way too.

I think he has, Etuhu was one of those players Moyes wanted when he first came to Goodison Park and we were looking like a Championship side. He has moved on from players like him through the signings over previous seasons. Andy Johnson, James Beattie, Yakubu and most recently Fellaini. After making signings like that it would be a huge step back to negotiate with Etuhu.

Yeah think we have moved on also, nothing more than a squad player and this type of signing would hinder Rodwells progress

Good point, Rodwell can play in this position and has proven to be better than any Championship player, we simply dont need Etuhu.