IGNORED

Froch V Taylor

Did anyone watch this fight on ITV 4 last night, it was a belter. I was concerned that Carl was going too far too quickly taking on Taylor, a guy well seasoned in big big fights and so it proved early on as he got floored in the third for the first time in his career, a big over hand right that has knocked out many top pro's. Much to my amazement Froch shook his head and got up, slightly dazed he survived that round. All through the fight he never really got his jab working, it his main weapon and he delivers it with ram rod precision. Taylor made all the running and going into the last round was ahead on two cards by four points, the other was even. That twelfth round saw Froch suddenly realise he was in grave danger of losing his WBC title, he suddenly took Taylor apart bit by bit flooring his with some brilliant combinations, it was the classic Rocky style turnaround.............the ref stopped the fight with seconds to go and Taylor left in a right mess...............brilliant scrap and I take my hat off to Carl Froch................he froze early on but won when he turned on the heat

Stunning ending, never seen anything like it so late in a fight. The fact that Taylor had no complaints about being stopped fourteen seconds from a win says it all.

And it really impressed me the way Froch was so cool, he said he wanted to do it earlier but wasn't sure, he must have realised Taylor tired badly and his punches carried no threat either that or a showman is born I think :lol:

Taylor showed real class after the class. After a stoppage like that, most would come out with the old 'I was still able to fight, and the ref shouldn't have stopped it', but he just said that it was the refs job to make sure they were both safe and so...

Top finish, and hopefully Froch will get some big fights in the future!