IGNORED

The 'other' Pfa Team Of The Year!

Usual suspects in PFA Team of the Year (number is how many times they've been in the team of year):

GK Edwin van der Sar Manchester United (2)

LB Patrice Evra Manchester United (2)

CB Rio Ferdinand Manchester United (5)

CB Nemanja Vidic Manchester United (3)

RB Glen Johnson Portsmouth (1)

LM Ashley Young Aston Villa (2)

CM Ryan Giggs Manchester United (8)

CM Steven Gerrard Liverpool (6)

RM Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United (4)

FW Nicolas Anelka Chelsea (2)

FW Fernando Torres Liverpool (2)

Here's my winner's (minus the top 4 & johnson/young):

G/K: Schwarzer (the amount of clean sheets he's kept for a team who survived relegation on the last day last season is incredible).

R.B: Taylor (shit season for Newcastle but he's played out of position for most of the season and looked their best player).

L.B: Baines (superb all season, been a major focus of many of our attacks).

C.B: Hangeland (major factor why Fulham don't conceed many).

C.B: Jagielka (class, solid).

R.M: Delap (very unfashionable but who can deny how important he's been for stoke this season).

L.M: Milner (often overshadowed by Young and Agbonlahor but he's Villa's driving force in my opinion).

C.M: Cattermole (I'd love him at Goodison - solid for wigan this season).

C.M: Arteta (phenominal at times this season before it was sadly cut short).

C.F: Cole (scored some important goals this season and well worth his england call).

C.F: Davies (hit double figures in a poor team).

Who would you have in yours?

EDIT: Didn't notice the no young/johnson or top 4 thing before i did it, but I'm sticking with my choices. :king_right:

GK: Shay Given - He may not have kept the most clean sheets but on his day he is one of the best keepers anywhere. His form this season has been outstanding. Man Citeh's smartest acquisition.

RB: Glen Johnson - Can't dispute that, best RB in the prem this season.

CB: Phil Jagielka - Nuff Said.

CB: Nemanja Vidic - Again, undisputable, despite a few memorbale hiccups he is by far one of the best center backs going.

LB: Leighton Baines - Since he got a start he hasn't stopped. Fantastic.

LM: Matthew Taylor - Bolton's best player and a decisive one at that. Scored important goals for them and is always a threat from set pieces, he's probably my favourite left mid. Love to see him here.

CM: Xabi Alonso - Red Shite or not, he is the best passer of the ball in the EPL. Fact. And he always turns up. Fuck Kuyt, this is the guy who puts in the work for liverpool, when he doesn't play you can't help but notice.

CM: Frank Lampard - I hate him, but you can't fault his work ethic. He scores all the time for them, and dominates the midfield. Again if he's not playing, Chelsea aren't Chelsea.

RM: Aaron Lennon - There's a very good reason you haven't seen David Bentley for most of the season. And not because he's a douche, well that, plus this guy. Fast, great crosser and doesn't stop. Again I'm not going on what I think of the bloke personally, he's just been that decisive for them, especially in the latter part of the season.

CF: Gabriel Agbonlahor - Until Villa ran out of steam, he was their most important player. His goals dragged them into the upper quadrant and they wouldn't have got there with just Ashley Young.

CF: Robin Van Persie - He gets goals when it counts, and sometimes when it doesn't.

Edited by The Regulator