IGNORED

Everton Tv Question

Like a lot of other folks I have Sky at home.

(Actually I have to have it as a TV aerial wont work here too well.)

Anyway I see that there are channels for Man U tv, Chelski tv, Celtic, Rangers, Reds.....et al

But there is no Everton TV on there.

Does anyone know why not? Is there a reason for this? Money? Interest? Or whatever?

Funny that this topic should come up.

I was channel surfing on my TV last night, and what do you think I came across? A replay of our game against Sunderland from this weekend, with totally different commentators from the ones I listened to on Fox Soccer Channel and a big logo in the upper right of the picture that says "EvertonTV."

"EvertonTV?" says I. "Since when did Everton have a TV network?"

Anyway, "EvertonTV" played on this channel from 7 pm until 10 pm. After the Sunderland game ended, they began a replay of our game at Man City, I think from 2004-05 (Bent and Watson were the strikers, and Cahill - sans tattoo sleeves - was also in the lineup). At 10 pm, the channel switched away from "EvertonTV" to other programming.

Now, this particular channel is kind of a hodgepodge station. It doesn't do its own programming, it just picks up other people's broadcasts from all over the place, so I doubt that "EvertonTV" is going to be a regular weekly feature; still, it was pretty cool to see for a few hours! But now I'm wondering where they were getting their feed from - if it was being pulled off the web, it was awfully good quality.

I think there is a bit of confusion here because it's all called 'Everton TV'. Everton looked into getting a channel on SKY (a subscription satellite service) to broadcast on subscription television throughout the UK but decided it would not be cost effective, they even obtained some kind of license to broadcast it but then it was transferred to West Ham instead.

EvertonTV the internet broadcast service is a collection of videos which are downloaded from the official site at http://evertontv.evertonfc.com, occasionally they show friendly games live. It's not a bad service but it's not one I use so I cancelled it. I'd prefer it if it were to launch on the Xbox 360 personally and televise the reserve and academy games. I think it's only available to those in UK.

EvertonTV on Foxsports is mostly what was on the http://evertontv.evertonfc.com website - 3 hours per week. Fox agreed a deal with Everton to show highlights and interviews.