IGNORED

Alberto Aquilani

Report: Everton Interested In Roma Midfielder Alberto Aquilani

The Toffees could make a move for the Rome-born playmaker...

http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/1...lberto-aquilani

Alberto Aquilani has had an injury-plagued season from Roma, but the midfielder's talent has not gone unnoticed by Everton boss David Moyes, according to fourfourtwo.com.

Moyes reportedly believes that Aquilani is the perfect addition to the squad's midfield and is willing to table a high bid for the often injured Italian international.

The Giallorossi may be forced to sell some of their stars as it is unlikely they will qualify for next season's Champions League. However, the Italian press insist the club would not be willing to part with home-grown talent and in fact are close to offering him a new contract.

The 24-year-old recently underwent ankle surgery and is not expected to return for three months. Overall, he has only made 14 appearances for his side in Serie A this season, scoring twice in the process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good player id love him here but constantly injured we wont get him but a intresting rumor none the less

Edited by Sprooly

Guest efctaxi

Would be lying if I said I'd heard much about him .

Given that I haven't , I'm presuming he can't be an A list high profile player .

Otherwise , why wouldn't everybody else want him too ?

Would be lying if I said I'd heard much about him .

Given that I haven't , I'm presuming he can't be an A list high profile player .

Otherwise , why wouldn't everybody else want him too ?

this lad is world class mate. he is without a doubt Italy's next big thing and has been linked with arsenal and man utd in the past. it would take at least £20 million for Roma to even consider sellin him as he is that good.

so therefore that rules us out!

Guest efctaxi
this lad is world class mate. he is without a doubt Italy's next big thing and has been linked with arsenal and man utd in the past. it would take at least £20 million for Roma to even consider sellin him as he is that good.

so therefore that rules us out!

Better than Arteta ?

Better than Moutinho ?

Better than Gerrard , Alonso , Lampard , Fabregas , Silva , Xavi etc etc ?

Who is he most like as a player ?

Better than Arteta ?

Better than Moutinho ?

he is an attacking midfielder with a fantastic shot on him, great passing ability and really creative.i would say he is most like lampard as a player but more skilful.he still hasn't reached his full potential but he is startin to impose himself on games more like the great players do. i watched him for italy vs macedonia a few months ago and he was outstanding (he scored two in a 2-1 win)

Better than Arteta ?

Better than Moutinho ?

Taxi, i'd like to think he was like a hybrid of a young Totti and Pirlo...we won't get him. He's been unlucky this season due to injury but he will be one of the worlds best in years to come!