IGNORED

Talksport

Adpom

and rightly so, the team were winning. Baines couldn't get a look in for more than a season due to performances on the pitch, then Lescott's standards dropped and so Baines came in. Lescott was the one dropped last season, due to his terrible early season form, Yobo was left out due to injury and on his return things were going too well to justify his return to the first team. Moyes handled it as he should, fairly. Which is why if Yobo/Lescott perform next season, Jags won't get back in either. I think on paper, Lescott and Yobo have the superior talent, it's just whether they can get it right as a partnership. One of them really needs to step up and be the leader that Jags is and organise the defence otherwise they will continue to look shaky together.

What is certain, if Yobo or Lescott underperform Jags will be back in as soon as he's fit.

Lescott wasn't dropped, jesus get your fact right. Lescott has playied in EVERY game for Everton except 1 since he joined an he was an unused sub an that was towards the end of last season. Lescott an Jags are both better players then Yobo.

Lescott wasn't dropped, jesus get your fact right. Lescott has playied in EVERY game for Everton except 1 since he joined an he was an unused sub an that was towards the end of last season. Lescott an Jags are both better players then Yobo.

You're probably right, I think I was getting mixed up - Lescott was dropped from the centre of defence due to his terrible form and shoved out to LB with Baines making way - thus Yobo was preferred to LEscott at CB (which was basically my argument anyway) and Baines was the actual player dropped - whichever way you look at it, Yobo was first choice CB until his injury.

I agree to disagree Grargh! I think we'll find out a lot this season about which is the best partnership, unless Lescott goes of course.

--------------Given

Richards---Jags--Lescott---Baines

--------------De Jong-------------

----------Arteta--Fellaini-------

--Robinho------------------Pienaar--

-------------Adebayor--------------

De Jong for Kompany and Pienaar for Tevez in the subs. Pienaar has a better first touch and vision with Baines, they're work rate is equal, and Pienaar is a slightly better crosser.

btw formation isn't meant to be that narrow.

--------------Given

Richards---Jags--Lescott---Baines

--------------De Jong-------------

----------Arteta--Fellaini-------

--Robinho------------------Pienaar--

-------------Adebayor--------------

De Jong for Kompany and Pienaar for Tevez in the subs. Pienaar has a better first touch and vision with Baines, they're work rate is equal, and Pienaar is a slightly better crosser.

btw formation isn't meant to be that narrow.

I would prefer Tevez,Roque Santa Cruz, Yak, Jo, Vaughn, Bellamy, Saha, Craig Short (lethal in the masters the other week), or possibly even Anichebe to Adebayor

Well ok maybe not Anichebe