IGNORED

Football Pitches

My question is

Can you wear hard ground boots on field turf, not so much astro, its the fake grass with the little plastic pellets.

Reason being i want these boots -

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?DPID=PDS-002-001-136&ST=1&SRH=f50i%20hard%20ground

plastic studded. There doesnt seem to be an astro version of these boots either

Is it likely to cause more injury wearing hard ground boots on this turf?? Any comments much appreciated!

The Pro Lite Hard Ground Version comes with a lightweight chassis, sockliners, interchangable Hard ground studs and a stud key.

As with previous F50 Ranges, Uppers, Chassis and Studs are all interchangable, meaning that you could wear a different pair of boots every week without breaking the bank.

---

From reading that I take it you can play on any surface, as long as you have different studs to suit the change in the surface conditions.

Yeah i see what you mean bill, the problem im having is, some people say by wearing studs of any kind on astroturf it can cause injury, ie rolling your ankle alot more easily when turning etc. But alot of people also argue that its as good if not better for grip than regular astro turf boots.

Im stuck and don't know what to do!!

Yeah i see what you mean bill, the problem im having is, some people say by wearing studs of any kind on astroturf it can cause injury, ie rolling your ankle alot more easily when turning etc. But alot of people also argue that its as good if not better for grip than regular astro turf boots.

Im stuck and don't know what to do!!

Leave the studs out of the boots, or play it safe and play in trainers. :D

Field turf is radically different the astro turf. I have played on field turf quite a bit and always with hard ground boots. I have always had much more ankle trouble on hard uneven ground then the soft flat field turf. However, if you are uncomfortable or unfamiliar with field turf it may be safer to play with flats until you can acclimate yourself.