IGNORED

We're Back!

java2001e

Xavier - is that a genuine post coming from a RS fan?

Anyway - yes I am sure that Moyes will want to strengthen the squad in January - but I think that he will only find a striker.

We have several midfield options now

Kilbane, Cahill, Arteta, Davies, Neville, VDM, Osman, Carsley, McFadden

The defence is also bulging with players wanting to get in the side - all of which are capable of playing in the premiership...

Ferrari, Naysmith, Pistone, Yobo, Hibbert, Weir, Kroldrup, Valente, (Neville),

We have 4 strikers - Dunc, Vaughan (sort of), Bent and Beattie - but they aren't the best and, in my opinion, the weak link.

I think that Moyesy will only sign one player in January - and he will be a striker - who HE will be, I just dont know!

WE actually have a squad of around 25-26 players at the moment - of which there are some quality players - its now just a case of getting them to understand each others movements and playing styles - once that clicks- I think that we will be something more and a great deal better than the likes of City, boro, Bolton etc. and therefore could (and SHould) easily challenge for Europe.

I think that it is out of the question this year as the team has had a poor start and the other european contenders have picked up good points already!

But time will tell and hopefully we will still have a positive season.

"Xavier - is that a genuine post coming from a RS fan?"

Whats that supposed to mean? :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Kilbane, Cahill, Arteta, Davies, Neville, VDM, Osman, Carsley, McFadden'

Yep. These are midfield options, but how many of them would fit into a team challenging for Europe, if Europe is your aim? Cahill, Arteta, Neville, VDM....Osman,Davies and Carsley are good backup. Kilbane, Li Tie and Mcfadden arent good enough. So you basically have 4 good midfielders (out of which 3 are central ones) and ok'ish support midfielders. Thus, midfield isnt a problem for DM, unless someone gets injured. But id try to put some money into a right winger next season and Davies more and more looks like a middle of midfield player, cuts in a lot.

Defense, is ok. How is Kroldrup doing. I havent seen him play this season. Yobo is quick. Hibbert, steady. Also PHil Neville can play as a fullback.

Basically, Moyes needs a goalkeeper, a right winger and (atleast!) one striker. Bent is awful. Vaughan is too young. Ferguson is gettiong old.

A decent run in the F.A. cup might give the team some much needed confidence.

Just a joke!

Not really interested in the cup - obviously would love to win it - but would rather moyes used it as a way to introduce Vaughan and kroldrup to the team. (and maybe Iain Turner in goal!?)

Anyway - I think Europe is gone this season - and this season is here to build the team and make it solid again so that next season we can attack the top 6 (hopefully).

BUt yes - we need a striker. I think Arteta is going to be our next right winger -he is doing well in that role at the moment - he is very versatile.

Striker - much needed.

Bent isnt crap - but he aint a world beater either!

They all fitted into a team going for europe last year you tit!1

Ah.. the minge :D

Well, you gotta understand that other teams have improved as well. Some of them, a lot. So it as never going to be easy for you guys to get into Europe this time out. Lady luck also plays a huge role. Last year, ya'll had a lot of it.

It seems that this year she has deserted you, with all those injuries and goals which shd have stood.

:D STRAIGHT TO THE POINT :D

Oh so true tho'!!

I can never understand why we defend our team on our own forum to RS fans.

But it has to be done I suppose.

So far, this season has not been great for either blues or RS fans - our teams are not that different and I think that we will be scrapping it out for 8th place!

no...no...I take all that back...

LFc - you are fucking shit!

I can never understand why we defend our team on our own forum to RS fans.

But it has to be done I suppose.

So far, this season has not been great for either blues or RS fans - our teams are not that different and I think that we will be scrapping it out for 8th place!

no...no...I take all that back...

LFc - you are fucking shit!

:D There's that ruthless streak again rowlo :D:P