IGNORED

Amazon Book Previews

Louis

I don't know if anyone's tried this but the Amazon store now has previews available in their books. For example if you want to to find books that mention Everton, you type Everton into the search feature and later on the books mentioning Everton appear. There are some nice anecdotes to be found.

For example in Mihir Bose's Manchester DisUnited, there is a comment from Everton's head of communications Ian Ross:

'At the press conference, I was on the media platform with David Moyes and Bill Kenwright. I was sitting next to Wayne. The first question was "Wayne, you must be delighted". He answered "Yes, I am very delighted". I looked across, he was as white as a sheet as he answered. He was simply terrified. In front of Rooney there was a big bottle of water and some glasses. As is his habit he took a swig from the bottle but heard Moyes whispering "Use the fucking glass!".'

Also in Deadly Doug by Doug Ellis, the former Aston Villa owner, Ellis reveals that he and Bill Kenwright agreed on a price to bid for James Beattie so that they didn't push the price up as they were effectively just upping the price.

Robbie Fowler also revealed that the David Moyes approached Man City about taking him but it was rebuffed by Stuart Pearce in his autobiography. This would have been 2005 and 2006 season. Fowler said he was torn by the decision because he was an Everton supporter as a child but had put up with a lot of abuse due to his time at Liverpool.

David Elleray in The Man in the Middle writes about sending off Big Dunc for swearing following a yellow card. He says Joe Royle called him a "pterodactyl" after the game. He says Dunc' was difficult to referee because he'd ignore officials.

I don't know if anyone's tried this but the Amazon store now has previews available in their books. For example if you want to to find books that mention Everton, you type Everton into the search feature and later on the books mentioning Everton appear. There are some nice anecdotes to be found.

For example in Mihir Bose's Manchester DisUnited, there is a comment from Everton's head of communications Ian Ross:

'At the press conference, I was on the media platform with David Moyes and Bill Kenwright. I was sitting next to Wayne. The first question was "Wayne, you must be delighted". He answered "Yes, I am very delighted". I looked across, he was as white as a sheet as he answered. He was simply terrified. In front of Rooney there was a big bottle of water and some glasses. As is his habit he took a swig from the bottle but heard Moyes whispering "Use the fucking glass!".'

Also in Deadly Doug by Doug Ellis, the former Aston Villa owner, Ellis reveals that he and Bill Kenwright agreed on a price to bid for James Beattie so that they didn't push the price up as they were effectively just upping the price.

Robbie Fowler also revealed that the David Moyes approached Man City about taking him but it was rebuffed by Stuart Pearce in his autobiography. This would have been 2005 and 2006 season. Fowler said he was torn by the decision because he was an Everton supporter as a child but had put up with a lot of abuse due to his time at Liverpool.

David Elleray in The Man in the Middle writes about sending off Big Dunc for swearing following a yellow card. He says Joe Royle called him a "pterodactyl" after the game. He says Dunc' was difficult to referee because he'd ignore officials.

that is fantastic!