IGNORED

Highest Paying Sports Teams In The World

On a similar topic... I was talking to a Villa (scum) fan/ friend of mine earlier - typical Villa fan, interested when they're doing well!!! Anyway he got on to how he hopes Man.City beat Stoke (we have a couple of Stoke fan mates), although he quite likes Stoke and hates City because of all the money they've spent... I replied that Villa spent a fair whack of money, obviously not in City's league but a hell of a lot more than most - he wouldn't have it and cited the Barry/Milner sales. I reminded him that Milner was sold after O'Neill had been spending for 4 seasons and Barry only fetched slightly more than what the paid for Curtis Davies. When I got home I googled what they had actually spent... see link...

Exhibit A (only 1)

... of course my side of the argument was well addressed and spot on B)

They spent £121m in O'Neills 4 seasons - recouping £40m by my reckoning that's a net spend of £20m a season... my question is where would we be if we could have spent £20m a season (£30m with player sales!) over those 4 years?!

Final point - Gary Cahill sold for £4m??? Curtis Davies signed for £8m??? It's a funny old game - or Martin O'Neill isn't quite as good as people harp on!!!

Surprised to see some of the IPL teams there. " Royal Challengers Bangalore" is placed in 26th.. :P . The team is owned by Vijay Mallya, He has two local football teams playing in i-league here in India, an IPL team, a F1 team "Force India"... why don't he try our team?? :(