IGNORED

Future Excites Cahill

My link

Found this article on the official websites a couple of weeks ago quite interesting reading, particularly the bit about the young players he trains with everyday. I think everyone is aware of Jack Rodwell and Seamus Coleman and what they can do but found it quite interesting that he would mention Ross Barkley and Jose Baxter.

Ross Barkley was also commented on by Moyes in an interview recently saying he was the next big thing from the academy, anyone know anymore about him or seen him play to back this up?

Jose Baxter alot of fans seem to have written him off as ever making it, but he must be highly regarded by the players to be mentioned like that, and as someone pointed out after the Bolton game for arteta to float that corner over to him to try a volley from outside the box, he must be highly rated in the dressing room. Are there many out there who believe he will soon be turning out for the first team?

Your thoughts please? and apologies if you think this is better suited to the academy section.

Edited by BoroBlue

Yep that was me who referred to the floated cross to Baxter. From what I gather his technique is spot on, think he hasn't physically developed though. With regards to Barkley, he is already there physically, is box to box and can pass a ball. I imagine we will see him Pre season and he will be a squad member next season. Hope he mentally recovers from broken leg.