IGNORED

Message to TT members - sort it out!

StevO

All boards get the 'clique' accusation.

It's rarely accurate, but that's not the point. People FEEL there's a clique, and it can put them off.

Once you're a regular on a board, it's so easy to forget what it's like not to know anybody, not know the 'in jokes' etc. In many ways, it's just like a pub. If it's full of locals it can feel intimidating and you stand out like a sore thumb, but the more you keep going, the more you become a local.

It only takes a short time to come away from a board thinking it's great, or awful, and if you catch the wrong person in the wrong mood on the wrong day, it can ruin a newcomers entire experience (or even an old hand for that matter!).

If folks were a bit less sensitive, and in turn other folks a bit less aggressive, everything would be fine - but it's too much to expect when you have such a cross section of people.

I remember such a thing on GOT when I was there a few years ago, say you have a dozen or so individuals that are more prominent than anyone else, and they seemed to acknowledge each other all the time, it was like a sort of little club they had, I won't name names, and didn't really have a problem with it, but it did go on, they even did a thread about it I remember, but aren't going to search for it through site archives

I remember such a thing on GOT when I was there a few years ago, say you have a dozen or so individuals that are more prominent than anyone else, and they seemed to acknowledge each other all the time, it was like a sort of little club they had, I won't name names, and didn't really have a problem with it, but it did go on, they even did a thread about it I remember, but aren't going to search for it through site archives

The GOT Clique was a piss take against the Partizan Walton mob.

BB2-1.jpg