IGNORED

Help

Paul 1300

Help I have a bit of a problem

I Work in Ipswich and live 25 miles away, when I parked in the side street I normally use and locked the Car, I thought it a bit odd that the fan was running, as the engine wasn't that hot, but thought it would turn itself off, I finished Work last night and got to the car to discover a completely flat Battery, no lights on the dash, there was a reluctant local who I coerced into helping me Jump start the car as I has a set of Jump cables, it put a bit of life in the battery but not enough to turn over, I phoned my boss Who lives near me and had a decision to make to either leave the car there and get a lift home and try and sort it today, which is what I Chose, now my sister is giving me a lift up there to try and jump start it again as a local garage wanted to charge £200 to come out to it,

I have one of those starter packs and a set of Jump leads, Am I wasting my time trying to Jump it or am I better off biting the bullet and getting someone out and paying the effing extortionate amount to get it going and get the car home, so I can then get a local garage to sort the fan issue out

Cheers

use the leads to jump the car.......it will start, then check to see why the fan is staying on!

if it stays on when you switch the car off.....disconect the battery last thing at night, and connect again in the morning and the car will start!

if that doesnt work.............BURN IT!

Yeah you should be fine Paul you might be better to leave the pack on for 10 or so minutes to give it abit more charge then try and turn it over.

If I was you I'd check your manual and check if the fuse that operates the fan is used purely for that then take it out for now to stop any further drainage.

Not sure on what model you drive bud but it's usually down to a faulty output resistor and as said depending on what you drive could be a pain in the arse to change....

Edited by EFC-Paul

Cheers Paul

Its a Volkswagen Sharan and I disconnected the allarm Fuse as that kept going off I am thinking that the battery maybe fucked as tha t would also cause the alarm to go off

I joined the AA today and I am Now covered but I would probably be taking the piss if I called them out if I can't get it to start

I joined the AA today and I am Now covered but I would probably be taking the piss if I called them out if I can't get it to start

Most breakdown services don't cover you for the first 24/48 hours to stop people joining when they break down.....not sure of the AA's policy.