IGNORED

Colour of kit - does it have any significance ?

Colour of kit - does it have any significance on the game?

Is the colour Red the most successful shirt colour ?

Are certain colours more easily visible to players looking to pick out their fellow players? Is there any psychological or subconscious feeling towards certain colours, that can intimidate, or inspire etc?

I Googled for any scientific opinion, and found the following:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:4hNH4E3qySMJ:https://www.dur.ac.uk/r.a.hill/Attrill_et_al_2008.pdf+most+successful+football+shirt+colour&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiGGFL7cgkhf76-pzzQOSNwONjpji7nlqbhX85RqtKrIlFYsEgGUm8GuboioMhUoWCtNiM2eM6ajPyjjxWJ117QKJn5UfsMoQIDJ7PmQLh0bXHBoK36Na0HQmDVCaTOjQZp8E69&sig=AHIEtbSHBjxIThR3Kj5HLd8OM0p-J4uKSA

Are we at a disadvantage playing in Blue?

What is 'your' opinion on this subject? smile.png

Mr A - are you going for the Guinness Book of Records for new threads started in a specific amount of time ?

In any event, I heard a talk about this, the other day, that specific colors can be relevant to how any team does, and that teams in red do better than most, so on that basis, why the fuck haven't Barnsley or Swindon Town got a long list of honors, or my favorite Scots side Aberdeen not won anything since 1990 (one largely trivial league cup win in 1995 aside)

I don't think colors really comes into it for football, yes teams such as Arsenal or Liverpool have a rich history, but some of their greatest achievements have occured in other colors. No need to change from Blue, as it's a much nicer color than Red, and our history and achievements success needs no elaboration. I don't think colors are a factor in soccer, although it was mentioned on a recent program that the best color to wear for a Job Interview, or how to succeed, is Red.

We can't read too much into this.

The red theory hasn't held out well this year across the top 7 European leagues and the Champs League.

Man City - Blue

Dortmund - Yellow

Real madrid - White

Juve - Black and white

Montpellier - Blue

Ajax - Red and white

Porto - Blue and white

Chelsea - Blue

Utd, Liverpool,Cardiff....(ahem..) Bayern munich, Ajax,all play in red? There is red in AC Milan too, I get the thread but surely red has been the colour that has won the most silverware? Cant remember any eastern euro teams apart from Red Star Belgrade. Maybe one of the Moscow teams? I bet white is next followed by blue............or the other way around.doh.gif

Utd, Liverpool,Cardiff....(ahem..) Bayern munich, Ajax,all play in red? There is red in AC Milan too, I get the thread but surely red has been the colour that has won the most silverware? Cant remember any eastern euro teams apart from Red Star Belgrade. Maybe one of the Moscow teams? I bet white is next followed by blue............or the other way around.doh.gif

Eh? Ajax aside, I don't recall any of them winning a major trophy this year?dont know.gif

Yeah, your right. Not this year but if you look back you will see that the teams that play in red are more successful over the decades.

It doesn't quite hold outside of England and Germany, with white/white&black kits dominating Spain, France, and Italy. Only one of the big 3 in Portugal. Neither Glasgow team wearing red in the Scottish league, and arguably the likes of Barca, AC Milan, and the Dutch clubs only in 50% red.

It doesn't quite hold outside of England and Germany, with white/white&black kits dominating Spain, France, and Italy. Only one of the big 3 in Portugal. Neither Glasgow team wearing red in the Scottish league, and arguably the likes of Barca, AC Milan, and the Dutch clubs only in 50% red.

Foreigners are colour blind Pete. tongue.png

I'd like to see more colorblind referees and match officials at Snooker and Pool.

There was a great instance once when the TV commentator said something like 'For the benefit of those watching at home with black and white screens, the red ball is next to the green one' or something.

And once again just while we're it at, the color red is mainly irrelevant to successes and who does better than most. If that was the case, that awful band with that awful Mick Hucknall singer would have had about one hundred #1 singles by now and be inducted into the music hall of fame or would be bigger than the Stones or Beatles. So, colors really aren't too much of a factor.

Does playing in Black have any significance, or merely a concidence, that since we have worn this color for away games, we have yet to win a game, or do poorly violent.gif

It works for the New Zealand Rugby side but just doesn't do it for us. I'd even see those awful pink shirts again, if only it meant a reversal of fortunes or getting back to winning ways.