IGNORED

Euro 2020

Whilst I don't agree with it, I can see the sense behind the decision.

They're copying the U17 Championship Elite Round system where each group stage game is hosted by a different country to reduce costs for the host nations.

Plus this way, countries who do not usually have a chance to host the competition now have a chance to host a few games.

It's a fucking nonsense is what it is, but yet another mastermind decision by soccer authority figures..

It was bad enough having the european championships broken into two countries, first seen in 2000 with Belgium and The Netherlands, as up to then it had been single hosts only, but just recently we have seen co-hosts regularly, and I've never been in favor of it.

Lo and behold, now they want to stage the damn thing across Europe in different cities, what the hell is going on..

I don't care if they're copying the Under 17 championships, you simply can't compare the two competitions. That's only a small scale thing that maybe they could get away with, but you can't do that with something as big as the actual European Championships.

Add to that the asinine decisions to hold the World Cup in Russia and Qatar in years to come. No surprise people are losing interest in the game.

It'll be a real shame to see the EC spread across Europe when it happens, a sad day for soccer. But when you put Idiots in charge at the highest positions, these things will happen. Slowly but surely, they're ruining the game piece by piece.

• 1 year later...

Glasgow have submitted a bid to become one of the 13 host cities - at a cost of £9m.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/euro-2020-vision-glasgow-presents-3451282

European city of culture on one or two past occasions (!) but can you imagine the scene when Scots get eliminated during competition if they ever get to stage it - if the national team manages to qualify that is. (host countries no longer allowed automatic participation ?)

They've got Ibrox stadium and Parkhead but not sure if the Queens Park stadium would be suitable for fixtures. Guess Hampden would be used for a final event. Worse places to stage a major competition for sure, so regardless of what chances they have, wish them well with their endeavors.