IGNORED

Best winter transfers in the EPL

I haven't been satisfied with this transfer window, it's been very silent. There haven been some interesting moves though.

First of all: Daniel Sturridge. I'm convinced that this is a great signing for Liverpool and a player of whom you can say that he's actually going to play in the starting 11 most of the time. I find him such a great striker, just not very Chelsea-like. He has too much of the Manchester City style still in him. But he fits LFC perfectly imo.

Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. Why haven't more teams been after this one? He was only the biggest central defensive prospect in France tongue.png We'll still have to wait and see how he develops, but NUFC could be a perfect fit for him in his current phase.

Nacho Monreal. Despite being an Arsenal signing, I still have good vibes about this one. He comes from Malaga, so I think he's still quite flexible to new styles like Arsenal, and he's just a really interesting prospect, I'm excited to find out how he'll develop (allthough I probably won't watch too many Arsenal games lol)

Jack Butland. Despite asking myself the question who on earth Stoke need a new goalkeeper, I think it'd be great to see Butland be initiated into the EPL and hope he develops into a genuinely good goalie, without having the pressure of a big club.

Mathieu Debuchy. Excellent fullback. He isn't "world class", but nearly there and still a really decent and reliable fullback who does his job really well. Having Debuchy in your squad is like having an asset you can always rely on and thus a manager's favourite. He can handle the EPL.

Loic Remy. He is a very decent striker and will be an added value to QPR. I have the feeling he'll be in the EPL for a long time to come.

On the other hand I'm SKEPTICAL towards:

• Holtby: Tottenham's midfield is pretty much established. Also, German players tend to fail to represent anything in the EPL. I refer to Marin, Martesacker and Podolski. All German internationals.
  • Ba: I think he was the best he could be back at NUFC. Not the kind of striker that fits Chelsea. They need Falcao imo.

The rest, like Samba, Coutinho, and all the others don't get me too excited, nor do I have a bad feeling about it, it just doesn't awake my interest.

Edited by Mirallas

Sturridge is talked of as a good player or one for the future, but I don't see the hype myself. Over exaggerated player for the most part.

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa (soccer players names getting more absurd by each year), I know nothing about, so can't comment.

Monreal, see above

Butland - spoken about quite recently, one for the future, possible regular international goalkeeper one day, but can only wait and see how he develops.

Remy - The name rings a bell, unless it's someone else I was thinking about. Did some research and it's the player with France in the summer, that averages a goal every two games. Looks like QPR have a decent signing on their hands.

I'm secptic, as in I'm skeptic, that Holtby has been mentioned lots in recent weeks, and seems a player of potential, but can only wait and see, and as for Ba, I recognize he is a good striker that did well at Newcastle and knows where the goal is, and think, unfortunately, the plastics have themselves a good deal there. Won't be as prolific as Drogba, but that is a good signing they have themselves