IGNORED

Cape Town in pre-season talks

Louis

Grant Pascoe, the City of Cape Town's 'Executive Mayoral Committee Member for Tourism, Events & Marketing and Cape Town DA Metro Chairperson' has confirmed that Everton are in talks with Cape Town.

Youre putting me on the spot, but I have to say the chances of both [Liverpool and Everton] coming to Cape Town are very good, he tells KickOff.com.

We are very keen to have them here, though its imperative that we also get some quality time out of it as well. As you can imagine they dont come cheap, so we want the best bank for our buck.

• 3 weeks later...

A friendly has been scheduled vs. Ajax Cape Town for 27 July. Newcastle are also going but I don't know if Everton are playing them. There are rumours that a fixture with Newcastle is arranged for 24 July. Liverpool are going there in May so we won't be playing them.

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/article/south-africa/everton-officials-land-in-ct/132566

The Official stance is that talks are still at an early stage.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2013/04/25/everton-fc-in-talks-over-south-african-trip-99623-33231580/#ixzz2RU1ZkIP4

The Goodison outfit have been invited to join a triangular competition that will take place in Cape Town in July.

Reports this week suggesting Everton have already agreed to take part are premature, with David Moyes yet to finalise the club’s preparations ahead of the new campaign.

Nevertheless, talks are ongoing with Cape Town officials who want the Goodison side to join Premier League rivals Newcastle United and local side Ajax Cape Town in a three-game tournament in July.

A friendly has been scheduled vs. Ajax Cape Town for 27 July. Newcastle are also going but I don't know if Everton are playing them. There are rumours that a fixture with Newcastle is arranged for 24 July 24. Liverpool are going there in May so we won't be playing them.

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/article/south-africa/everton-officials-land-in-ct/132566

The Official stance is that talks are still at an early stage.

That's not until another 21 years Louis. May be a bit of a wait ?

Wow - I hope it happens - that will give me a chance to see Everton live for the first time in my life -

I can wave my Everton flag proudly and won't be ejected from the stadium -

just can't wait

Only about an hour from you Sideliner! Hope it comes off....was a great time for our Aussie fans when the guys went there the other year.

Try 11 DK tongue.png

I honestly thought it was 2003 at time of response. Add to that I was in a rush and getting angry so we can turn a blind eye to any errors. I hope everyone in attendance in South Africa has a good time. I would have prefered a game with Ajax of the Netherlands again though, it has to be said.