IGNORED

Josuha Guilavogui

• 1 year later...

So they bought him for 8 million and then sent him back to St Etienne?

He hasn't kicked a ball for Athletico then? Doubt they would sell him for a cut price but I would take him on loan and see how he gets on. Gibson might not be fit next season and would be good backup if we got Barry.

At Atlético there was a disagreement between Simeone and the Secretario Técnico ("Director of Football" role, Chief Scout, call it as you want). This guy signed some players that Simeone did not trust/know/like: Alderweireld, Guilavogui, Leo Baptistao, Villa. Guilavogui was unknown to him.

Atlético was at the beginning of the season a well oiled machine, a team already done from last season, and the new players started (Alderweireld and Guilavogui) complaining about their lack of playtime and their WC chances. Simeone spoke to them and after that he decided to loan Guilavogui to St Etienne, provided new loan players more of his liking were brought. They managed to bring Diego and José Sosa on loan, so Guilavogui was surplus to requirements.

Guilavogui was the 4th CM, behind Gabi, Tiago and Mario Suarez, plus Koke or Diego played sometimes there if needed.

Now I gotta say I have absolutely no idea how Atlético will deal with the sales and which players want to keep or sell. Tiago has left them (for Chelsea) on a free, and the rumour is that they are close to sign Rakitic, croatian CM playing for Seville.

Edited by Kant

• 1 month later...