IGNORED

Carles Gil

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/spanish-starlet-carles-gil-confirms-evertons-interest-securing-his-services-1439357

Spanish starlet Carles Gil has revealed that Everton are keen on signing him next summer, with reports in Spain claiming that Roberto Martinez's side are even ready to pay his £6m release clause.

The Spanish Under-21 international is considered one of the biggest talents in La Liga. Valencia send him on loan to Elche last summer to complete his development and the playmaker has impressed in his debut season in the top flight, grabbing two assists and scoring one goal in 22 starting appearances.

Asked in an interview with Radio Marca whether Everton have already made an offer to secure his services in the summer he said: "I know they are interesting, but they have not made a bid yet.

"I haven't received anything formal but (£6m) is a lot of money. That means that I am playing well at Elche.

"I am grateful to Elche. I am here on loan and they told me that at the end of the season I will go back to Valencia but in football you never know."

• 1 month later...