IGNORED

Spurs v Everton: Preview & Prediction

Greaves

Hya lads and lasses

Sorry to approach your fine board in this way but I wonder if there is anyone on Toffee Talk who fancies contributing an article for next weekend's clash at the Lane?

We are not the kind of website that takes the mickey out of other teams or their supporters. i personally have always had a soft spot for Everton but that's by the by.

It does not need to be anything fancy. Maybe around 500-800 words on how you feel Everton's season is likely to pan out. How you feel you have done so far in the Prem and Europa etc.

Maybe a bit about how you see the game going at Spurs. Don't hold back if you thiink we are a bunch of soft southern gits tell us. We could also provide a similar type article from one of our contributors about Everton and how we feel the game may go.

This kind of thing that a Stoke fan from Oatcake forum wrote:

http://www.thfclatest.com/2014/11/08/stoke-perspective-on-the-visit-to-spurs/

All the best Greaves.

Edited by Greaves

I think you may get a good sample from this thread that you may merge or pick from...

I think various members views on Spurs will vary according to age and memory.

Statistically Spurs are among the likes of Villa and Chelsea in terms of success and support and I guess perceived "size". I may be biased but I put Everton ahead of that grouping based on our 9 league titles....

However overall I like Spurs, I associate them as being a club we could learn from commercially and conversely you could learn from us in the way in which we show some patience. Ironically maybe you can't have both, Levy is a shrewd operator but trigger happy.

This season I think we will fall just shy of what we would have hoped - but it will be a season of learnings for Martinez. He is very much bought into his ideologies which is good but he can overplay the total football at all costs and overly positive messages. It gets a little tiring. He is not far away from being a great manager IMO but he needs to be a little more ruthless. I think we will finish 7-8th and get to europa quarter finals or semi finals.

Its a big year for Barkley and Lukaku - they need to show that they are learning and transform potential into performances.

Regarding your team I believe you have had too many players at once and maybe got rid of some that you should have kept, you had some quality like Sandro and Sigurdson and I feel that your managers just don't know their best 11.

I still think back to 1985 when Southall made a point blank stop from Mark Falcao - a title decider indeed.

Thank you Hafnia.

Any budding Evertonian writers out there?

There is some Everton content in here by the way about when Everton and Spurs toured Argentian a 100 years ago.

http://www.thfclatest.com/2014/06/23/spurs-players-witness-argentine-cavalry-charge/

Will put our EVERTON v SPURS preview up when the lazy git finishes it.

Can;t find a Spurs v Everton match thread so I will post in here.

Game could have gone either way. On the train going back home to Essex but pleased Spurs at last got their act together at home.
Nothing to choose between the teams imo. Could not see clearly where i was sitting in the west stand if you should have had a penalty late on but it looked like all your fans were straight up appealing which is normally a good indication. Same with Harry Kane at the other end though.
I was impressed with Barclay he looks a terrific player and i am glad he is English.
Spurs did well haunting Everton down but we tired in last 20 minutes and you totally dominated.
Your support was louder than when Liverpool played here.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

Guest millwallforever

That was generous. Cheers.

Can;t find a Spurs v Everton match thread so I will post in here.

Game could have gone either way. On the train going back home to Essex but pleased Spurs at last got their act together at home.
Nothing to choose between the teams imo. Could not see clearly where i was sitting in the west stand if you should have had a penalty late on but it looked like all your fans were straight up appealing which is normally a good indication. Same with Harry Kane at the other end though.
I was impressed with Barclay he looks a terrific player and i am glad he is English.
Spurs did well haunting Everton down but we tired in last 20 minutes and you totally dominated.
Your support was louder than when Liverpool played here.
Good luck for the rest of the season.