IGNORED

Shepherd Issues Investor Ultimatum

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd will walk away from the club if a "billionaire" can be found to buy the club - but he has told potential investors to "put up or shut up".

The Magpies' future has been the subject of speculation for much of this season with various companies and consortia linked with a St James' Park takeover and Shepherd claims he is happy to stand down from his post but has played down takeover talk recently.

After the club's annual general meeting on Tuesday, he said: "I am a Geordie and I don't want to move anywhere. But at the end of the day it's about finding whatever is the best for the club. We would have to make sure that they would be fit and proper people to take over. It would be a clean break. I would not hang on, that's not right for any company."

Newcastle and Belgravia Group have been engaged in formal discussions since August while American group Polygon were reported last week to be interested.

Shepherd said: "I would like it sorted out as soon as possible. Enough is enough. It has not affected the team or the management but, the longer it goes on, it makes for a lot of uncertainty around the club

now why cant are chairman come out and say this bk aka pie man