IGNORED

Steven Gerrard Mbe

whats he done???? yes he may have scored a few goals and won a few trophies but thats nothing compared to the lifetime work people do.

my grandad spent his entire life working part time working with children in Kendal sometimes stopping them from drugs and crime. he died in 2000 and a year earlier he got an MBE. he deserved it as he had to bring up 3 children and work 10 hour days yet he still got involved giving up his own time for 30 years.

sorry rant over.

Edited by thebluenose

Okay, Stevie G may have raised a fair few pounds for charity, but I am sure that many other none famous people have done this too and they dont get an honour.

The New Years Honours List is a complete and utter joke. It seemingly awards the rich and so-called famous for being, well, rich and famous.

Listening to Talk Sport earlier and even a RS said that if they are handing them out, surely Howard Kendall should have already been given one? Not going to get an argument from me on that one.

;)