IGNORED

A True Story...allegedly!

fcssl

This a true, yet totally amazing story about the wonders of technology and an email error, which was printed by John Behan in the New York Times in November 2004.

"A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to escape an icy winter at home. They planned to spend their holiday in the same hotel where they had spent their honeymoney some twenty years earlier.

However, because of hectic business schedules, the husband left Minnesota and flew direct to Florida on the Thursday morning, with his wife flying down the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel and was amazed to find a computer in the hotel room, so he decided to send an email to his beloved back home. However, he accidentally left one letter out of the email address, and without realising his error, send the email none-the-wiser.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husbands funeral. Her husband had been a minister. He had suffered a heart attack and died. The widow decided to check her emails, expecting to find kind well-wishing messages from her relatives and friends.

After reading the first email, the widow, screamed, fainted and fell from her chair. The widow's son, who had been in another room, rushed in to tend to his mother, when he discovered the following email;

To: My Loving Wife.

Subject: I've Arrived.

Date: October 7, 2004.

Text: I know that you will probably be surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send email's to your loved ones! I have just arrived and I have checked in. I will ensure that everything is prepared for your arrival tomorrow. I am so looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and I hope your journey was as uneventful as mine...

PS. it sure is freaking hot down here!"

:D