IGNORED

Uk Travel Question

Joe

I'll be in Dublin from late June to early August and was going to catch a plane to Liverpool right after. Are there any areas close by that are worth seeing? I wanted to spend atleast three days in Liverpool and maybe a day in both Manchester and Chester. I have only been to London so everywhere I go in the UK will be new to me.

Edited by Joe

Not much in Liverpool worth seeing!

The airport is in a derelict part of the city (Speke).

Only thing I'd recommend is Albert Dock even though there is nothing there, you coudl obviously take a ferry or a duck tour and obviously Goodison.

Liverpool Museum is ok.

If your lucky you will be able to go to the records office and see the Everton collection :rolleyes:

Seriously Joe, don't get your hopes up.

Joe, it does depend on your age and interests really

There is nothing cultural in Manchester

And louis you should be ashamed, we are the cabital of European culture next year :lol:

Seriously joe, what are you looking for

I definitely want to see Liverpool for Everton and the Beatles. After that I kind of want to get away from a lot of the tourist areas and see some smaller cultural cities. I know that is the total opposite of Manchester but if it was worth going to I would go. Im a college student so I am up for anything really.

Deffo worth checking out Chester, very cultural

And dont think you will see a better example of an oldy worldy town in the UK, its very nice

As for liverpool, which does bost the most listed building outside london

Things to see are

Art Galleries & museums - there are over 10 in liverpool city centre, with the jewel being the walker art gallery, which has painting by Tuner, Gainsborough, Thomas moore, Degan & rembrandt

Albert dock and a must is a ferry on the mersey trip

Mathew street

The yellow duck marine tour (done this myself & its a great little tour, specially if The White house and George bush are still there)

Joe, it does depend on your age and interests really

There is nothing cultural in Manchester

And louis you should be ashamed, we are the cabital of European culture next year :lol:

Seriously joe, what are you looking for

It was a sympathy vote... Newcastle has a lot more amenities IMO.

Liverpool is more reputable, everyone in the world has heard of Liverpool and so I reckon the people who decided who to attribute capital of culture decided cash in by using brand Liverpool to attract more tourists to the UK...

Wasn't Dublin capital of culture two years ago and all that happened was they got new roads..

It was a sympathy vote... Newcastle has a lot more amenities IMO.

Liverpool is more reputable, everyone in the world has heard of Liverpool and so I reckon the people who decided who to attribute capital of culture decided cash in by using brand Liverpool to attract more tourists to the UK...

Wasn't Dublin capital of culture two years ago and all that happened was they got new roads..

Suprise Suprise louis, there is lots of road works going on in liverpool atm

I dont really know what newcastle has got apart from the night club on the boat