IGNORED

Jumpers For Goalposts 'too Dangerous'

Children have been banned from playing football in their cul-de-sac - because using jumpers for goalposts is 'dangerous'.

Council officials warned parents in Glenfield, Leicestershire, they face £100 fines if the ban is ignored, reports the Mirror.

Ian Fenton, 42, who has boys aged six, seven and 12, said: "It's ludicrous. They are treating our children and us as if we are criminals.

"I asked the council if they classed jumpers for goalposts as obstructions. They said they did. They are clearly not a danger, just a frustration to some impatient individuals."

Tim Cory, 39, who has boys of seven and nine, added: "If they play on the road they are safe and we all know where they are."

But a county council spokesman claimed several complaints" had been reported about children setting up goalposts that were blocking the road.

He added: "The children were potentially compromising the safety of highway users and causing a nuisance to residents.

"Such warnings would be considered only where a persistent problem is reported by residents."

council are pricks when it comes to footy in roads. my old road we got banned from playing it. we still did. had people telling us to "go the park" my come back... "nah, dont fancey getting stabbed today. (btw they where talking about newsham park, anyone who knows it knows its bad)

That is stupid. I remember playing down a road near us and using parked cars and the curb as goalposts. They hardly ever came out to complain, except at night where they would say their baby is trying to get to sleep which in that case we moved down the road. THinking back I can't believe people let us use their cars :o

I used to live by a field and we played using a tree and cricket stump.. then some old biddy moved into a near house and complained to the council.. up goes the no balls sign. From then on we played badminton right in front of her house and there was nothing she could do. Also went to the field at the back of the house to play footy :D

From then on we played badminton right in front of her house and there was nothing she could do. Also went to the field at the back of the house to play footy :D

:lol::lol: Good scheme!

Was lucky to be brought up with a football pitch sized garden (within the lines)...

296.jpg

...so we used to have hoardes of kids round playing "three and in." Previous owner had thoughtlessly put up a greenhouse by the touchline so glass was constantly getting broken but me dad always agreed that footie was more important than his tomatoes :lol: .

We used to play on a nice grassed area not from from where I lived in Huyton, someone complained, so up went the NO BALL GAMES signs.

Fools had only placed them so they were perfectly positioned to be used as goal posts. :D

ATB

Mac

:lol::lol: Good scheme!

Was lucky to be brought up with a football pitch sized garden (within the lines)...

296.jpg

...so we used to have hoardes of kids round playing "three and in." Previous owner had thoughtlessly put up a greenhouse by the touchline so glass was constantly getting broken but me dad always agreed that footie was more important than his tomatoes :lol: .

Fucking hell lol how long is that garden

Edited by Blue4Ever

Fucking hell lol how long is that garden

Was bloody brilliant mate....my parents bought the house for £5,000 back in 1962 when anyone with half decent job could afford a nice house. Half of it is now developed...the people who bought it got together with the two neighbours to the right, knocked down the middle house, built a road and four new houses that sold for £500,000 each more than ten years ago. Could have been seriously rich if my parents had held held on a few years :( .

Mike, I have all the respect in the world for you and yours, you know that. Having said that, there is an element inside of me that says I have to have a linked feeling with you.

However, The past is the past, you have a lovely life as is, so HARDEN THE FUCK UP.

I am so sorry mate, I will get my coat on the way out.

ATB

Mac